I still expect to see Margie's blog pop up each afternoon. I was happy to see her daughter, Stephanie, post an update yesterday. My tears are starting to dry up but I am fully aware that the emptiness is just beginning for Margie and Bruce's family members.
Many of us knew Margie through her blog, but we weren't as familiar with Bruce. I was surprised, when we visited with Margie and Bruce in person, to find out that Bruce was just as interesting and captivating as Margie was. Bruce had a lot to say! So even though Margie's voice and personality was the one that came through on the blog, Bruce was right there with her.
We know from Margie's blog and pictures that Bruce was a very active grandfather. He seemed to have infinite patience with the "Grands", even though he sometimes pretended to be reading or sleeping so he didn't have to play one more game of beauty shop or restaurant! The pictures of him playing chess with Mackenzie on the computer were precious. Margie was the scrapbooking grandma, and both grandparents played a lot of games with the girls.
Together, Margie and Bruce were quite a team. I really can't picture one of them without the other, so in a way, maybe it was a blessing that they entered heaven together, just as they spent their lives here on earth together. I'm sure it was harder on their family to lose them both at the same time, though.
So carry on we must, even though one of the lights in my life has burned out!
Margie's last comment to me referred to the logo pictured above:
"Cute logo, Carol, and it really would be great for your blog. Congrats to Dave on the re-election results. Hope you enjoy a lovely weekend."
nice post Carol..and how true..Bruce had a lot to say when we met them too.. :)
ReplyDeleteCarol..so nice to meet you..in such a hard time.I see you too were one of the lucky ones to get to meet the Malin's in person.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree with you..they were rarely apart. And Bruce was full of info..him and Walker were talking as much as Margie and I.
We were looking forward to their return trip to Tx..for us to do alot of sightseeing with them.I will never look at a Spring field of wildflowers and not think of Margie.
I just wanted to drop by and say Hi.
Cindy and Walker
A great tribute to two wonderful people. Stay safe.
ReplyDeleteCarol
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing your thoughts today about Margie & Bruce. Yes, they were certainly a great team.
I know what you mean too, about seeing/hearing them in what we are doing. Both yesterday and today as we were out I thought of them while we were out walking and taking pictures. Each time I thought of them I said a prayer for Stephanie and the rest of the family. I do wish there was more I could do for them.
Take care my friend!