Sunday, October 17, 2010

Margie and Bruce

Photos taken in Astoria, OR, June 16, 2010Margie and Bruce Mallin 6-16-10

I have been trying to make sense of the tragic deaths of Margie and Bruce Mallin in Pismo Beach, CA on October 16, 2010.  I have taken this loss very personally, and can't even imagine the horror and sense of loss that their family is going through. 

Margie, I hope you know how much you meant to so many people.  Bruce, I know you shared in all of Margie's blogging and comments.  You two had a special closeness that was obvious to all.  I know you were high-school sweethearts, and it's only right that your end would come together.  But what an unfortunately early exit you two made.  I'm so happy that you made that decision to retire early.  You traveled together to some fabulous places.  You spent time caring for your parents, and for your children, and for your grandchildren.  You made so many memories together!

And now I know you are together in God's presence.  As believers, you had the assurance of eternal life to come after this earthly life ended.  Those of us left here will always miss your cheerful, optimistic, calming presence. 

My heart goes out to your children and grandchildren.  Selfishly, I pray that my own grief over your deaths will abate.  I thank you for you friendship.  See you again someday!

Bruce and Margie Mallin 6-16-10

Bruce and Margie's Full-Time Journey

Newspaper article about Margie and Bruce's death

9 comments:

  1. Carol...what a beautiful tribute to Bruce and Margie. It is something that is so hard to grasp. I keep looking for a comment from her or a post to read. It leaves something so empty inside.
    We are so happy that they had these wonderful years to make such great memories together. What a terrific summer they had with their "grands" and what memories they left with Zoey and McKenzie....those scrapbooks are priceless.
    Bruce and Margie....we'll see ya down the road one day. Until that day arrives....rest in peace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice tribute!..hugs to you and Dave. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our hearts ache...we feel a great loss too. The tears continue especially when we read something as touching as what you wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I cry anew with each lovely post about this wonderful couple. :_(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Carol, My name is Leanne. Margie and Bruce were my former in-laws. I was married to their son, Dennis until 2006. I stayed in touch with Margie and I loved both of them very dearly. I was reading some of the tributes written by their blogging friends and I just wanted to say thank you for your beautiful tribute to them. I will miss Margie and Bruce everyday of my life. I know they are together, as Margie always said, partners in crime, but also 2 peas in a pod, soul mates and best friends.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carol...what a beautiful tribute to two wonderful people. I too keep reading blogs, went back and read the 102 comments (at that time) on their blog and just feel a void inside.

    I keep thinking of Stephanie, her brother and the rest of the family ~ the decisions they are having to make, the shock of everything and grieving all at the same time.

    I too am thankful that they were fellow believers ~ at least we know they are still together and in the wonderful arms of Jesus.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Carol you wrote a very beautiful tribute. Bruce & Margie will be missed by everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nicely stated, Carol. We are with yoou 100%.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol,
    What a tragedy for so many, that these lovely people have been struck down. It is just a mystery that such a thing would happen. But your beautiful tribute certainly upholds all that Bruce & Margie stood for and loved. In the words of Pidge's t-shirt, "Life's a Jouney, Enjoy the Ride." Yes, certainly they did make the best of their "ride," and gave all their family and friends warm memories of times together. May their ride be on-going in that perfect place.

    Jackie B.

    ReplyDelete