This morning we planned to go for a bike ride, but when we stepped outside the motorhome, it had begun raining a fine mist. We changed our plans to a walk around the campground. As we walked, the mist turned heavier, almost looking like snow. It wasn't snowing and the temperature was in the high fifties but we got quite wet by the time we got back.
We went out on a couple of errands and then came back and had a quiet afternoon inside. Around 5 pm, the rain had stopped and the sites were starting to dry up. The sun tried to come out but didn't quite make it. We took advantage of the dry weather and went on the same walk we took this morning in the rain.
The Cape Disappointment campgrounds are arranged in loops, with ten sites in each loop. This picture is looking towards the back loop. There isn't much fall color here yet.
Each loop has trees in the middle of the loop. Children like to play and hide in the trees.
How would you like to tow this little Smart Car? I wonder why it carries two spare tires? The vehicle towing it was a small Winnebago View.
Friday morning Dave will head back to Vancouver to referee a high school varsity football game and two youth football games on Saturday. I will attend the first concert of this weekend's Water Music Festival in Ilwaco. A chamber ensemble will perform "Mozart's Magic Flutes".
Rain or shine, that is a beautiful campground. Have fun at the concert. :)
ReplyDeleteThey have a music festival in Ilwaco? Wow! I'd love to attend that concert. Maybe that Smart Car has two spares because they are planning to tow it a long distance in rocky country and ain't takin' no chances!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful campground. I envy your going to that concert!! Have a good time. I don't think I would even fit in that little car. Stay safe.
ReplyDeleteYou are welcomed to use any of my pictures that you like. Pidge
ReplyDelete