Thursday, October 21, 2010

A Musical Weekend

While we were at Cape Disappointment State Park last week, I was surprised to see how many of the yurts were rented.  I snapped some pictures of some of the empty ones.IMG_7188

IMG_7192

This yurt is located near the tsunami warning siren.IMG_7197

IMG_7198-1 

We've never been to this park when the siren has gone off. 

One of the reasons for camping at this park was to attend the 26th annual Water Music Festival in Ilwaco, which is always held the third weekend in October.  The concerts were held at two venues, Hilltop Auditorium which is part of the high school, and the Inn at Harbour Village, a historic chapel turned into a bed and breakfast and event center.  In 1928, this was a Presbyterian church.  It was fully renovated and now offers ten guest rooms and a venue for weddings, concerts, etc.

IMG_7204IMG_7206

IMG_7212

I attended all five concerts, which featured everything from "baroque to ballads, and beyond".  I am already looking forward to attending this festival again next October.  In the meantime, the group is offering a "Tuba Christmas" concert in December which sounds like a lot of fun. 

4 comments:

  1. Sounds like a really good time to be had. I can imagine the music is really good in that environment.
    Take care and thanks for the post.
    Mike & Gerri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tuba Christmas? How cool. I love those deep bass sounds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those yurts and looked in to living in one once, but decided against it. I'm sure I would enjoy all of the music too. Stay safe.

    ReplyDelete