Thursday, January 31, 2013

Coastal Walk North of Shell Beach

A couple of years ago, when I was driving around, I discovered a somewhat hidden coastal walkway.  There's a small six-car parking lot, so we've learned not to do this walk on weekends because it's too hard to park here.IMG_5760

It's a short walk, 20 minutes each way, but the views are spectacular and the fancy houses facing the ocean aren't too hard to look at either!IMG_5766

IMG_5763

IMG_5764

Here's my favorite mansion that we saw on this walk.IMG_5779

IMG_5769

IMG_5774

IMG_5777

IMG_5773

IMG_5772

IMG_5771

7 comments:

  1. I don't suppose they would let you park your RV on the street in their neighborhood, either, eh?
    Nice sunny photos, Carol. Love that one with the hole. It almost looks like a green headed mallard duck tilted a bit sideways and with it's beak in the water feeding. Nice eye! I love duck pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you sure that one tree is not a California Cell Tower haha?? Love those beautiful homes. Maybe we can buy one for our summer place! There sure is a lot of beautiful coastline down there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe they would rather havethe freedom of living in an RV. Houses are sometimes an anchor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice to see the blue sky yet again!..rainy here on the wet coast..so when do you move in to that fancy house on the hill?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos. I just love that header photo. You brought back lots of memories of our trip to the coast last summer. Beautiful area.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really incredible views on that walk. Do we all get an invite when you move into that house on the hill? Love that tree photo.

    ReplyDelete