Thursday, January 10, 2013

Beach Walk to Town

Our first full day in Pismo was cool and cloudy.  I dressed warmly for our walk to town.  We drove onto the beach this noon and ate a picnic lunch in our car.

Not a bad lunch-time view!IMG_5511

After lunch, we took the car for a badly-needed car wash.  Dave did the honors.IMG_5515

We took a walk to town because I was looking for a tee-shirt or a sweatshirt, and ended up finding one I liked at the park store.  Here's a hoodie that I chose NOT  to buy.IMG_5523

Looking across to the "best" sites at Pismo Coast Village RV Park.  These sites are under construction this year as they have gradually been upgrading all the sites in the north area of the park.IMG_5516

View from the Pismo Creek out to the oceanIMG_5517

It's off-season for these lifeguard stands!IMG_5518

IMG_5519

IMG_5520

IMG_5521

The Pismo Beach fishing pierIMG_5522

4 comments:

  1. Swings on the beach??? I would LOVE that. I have never outgrown my love of going up in swing. One of my favorite childhood poems is The Swing by Robert Louis Stevenson...can still quote it to this day.

    I think I'd pass on that sweatshirt too! Good grief...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's nice to be able to walk to town from the campground. And I like the idea of swings on the beach, I would be spending a lot of time on those swings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I, too, like the swings on the beach. That is just neat.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the sunshine, keep sharing those photos! Dave looks like he's trying out for a part in the next Ghost Busters movie! LOL Looks like a swinging beach there...nice place.

    ReplyDelete