Saturday we drove to Red Rock Canyon which is located about nineteen miles west of Las Vegas. This area is definitely worth a visit and makes a nice change from viewing the neon lights and crowds along The Strip. This part of the Mojave Desert is most interesting.
First Dave had a cold, and now I have it, so I wasn't feeling too well when we were at Red Rocks, so we didn't go for any of the easy walks that are offered in the park. Red Rock Canyon is a national conversancy so we were able to use Dave's senior pass and didn't have to pay the $7 per car entry fee. We drove the one-way thirteen mile scenic drive in order to get a closer view of some of the rocks. The visitor's center was well worth the time that we spent there, including watching the movie about the formation of the rocks.
Our time in Las Vegas is drawing to a close, and we haven't had a chance to do many of the items that were originally on our list. That just means that we'll have to plan another trip here!
looks like you captured some nice photos today, Carol! hope the two of you are feeling better soon!
ReplyDeleteand we want to wish you both a Happy New Year!!..may 2013 bring you good health and happiness!!
We really enjoy Red Rock Canyon also.
ReplyDeleteHope you are feeling better. You want to ring the New Year in on a healthy note!
Hope you're feeling better today. Happy New Year to you and Dave. Glad the refrigerator problem seems to be solved. Red Rock Canyon was very interesting to us when we visited Las Vegas. Now you will have good reasons to go back, and that's always a good thing. Enjoy the rest of your time there.
ReplyDeleteHope you both are feeling better and able to stay up to see the year out and a new one in tomorrow night! Happy 2013! I am sure having a time getting over my dang flu. And more than ready for it to be gone!
ReplyDeleteWe didn't get to go in the center when we were there. I think maybe it was closed. But we did enjoy the drive and different colors of the rocks!
I have been enjoying reading both your and Dave's blogs about your time in Vegas. Now you've made me want to go back! I think we may plan to do that next year. Thanks for all the wonderful photos.
ReplyDeleteI wish I'd been able to visit that area the one time I went to Vegas. Great pics.
ReplyDeleteWe really liked Red Rock Canyon also. It was just beautiful and like you said, such a nice break from the city.
ReplyDeleteRed Rock is one of our favorite places:) Happy New Year!
ReplyDelete