Sunday, December 23, 2012

Ethel M's Chocolate Factory Cactus Garden Christmas Lights

IMG_4960

Dave and visited the main location of the Ethel M's Chocolate Factory.  This is where they give factory tours.  They also feature a fabulous cactus garden, which at Christmastime is decorated with many, many lights.  It was one of the best light displays that we had ever seen, and yes, it was all free, except if you went into the store to buy some chocolate.  I must admit that after the tour I indulged in a sugar-free dark chocolate bar, but I had saved room in my calorie budget, so I don't think I did much damage!IMG_4962 IMG_4969 IMG_4967 IMG_4970 IMG_4972 IMG_4984

We were expecting it to be cold outside, so Dave and I dressed for the cold, but we were pleasantly surprised that the temperature remained in the low fifties while we were there.IMG_4991

IMG_4993 IMG_4992

I highly recommend Ethel M's Christmas light display.  We'll have to come back another time to see the cactus garden without all the lights!  We didn't take the factory tour because it was crowded, but that would be fun, too. 

10 comments:

  1. What an interesting header photo and how true.

    The lights are super. I like the ones on the yucca plant.

    Great photo of you two. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys are sure enjoying Christmas there! We have rain and more rain. Gotta figure this snow bird thing out for next year!! You're setting the bar pretty high, but it's made of chocolate, right?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Got a real kick out of the header picture!! I was just telling Russ that you guys seem to be having so much fun. I really want to do something like that next year. Love all the lights. It's been so rainy and yukky here that we have not even been out looking this year. Keep having fun and hope you have a fun BD party in a few days!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is always room for a little bit of chocolate. Merry Christmas to you and Dave.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great lights but the word chocolate is what got my attention:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We were there in February and it was pretty but I'd love to see it either in the spring in bloom or all the lights.

    ReplyDelete
  7. glad you are enjoying your stay in Vegas! nice job on the Christmas light photos!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love these pictures! I can only imagine what it would be like in real life. That joke at the top is full of spunk. We both laughed at it. Funny!
    Jackie B.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We saw that header picture a couple of days ago, and got a big kick out of it. Yes, Ethel M has a neat place. We took the tour, bought some M&Ms, and enjoyed the cactus garden. How fun to see it with Christmas lights. Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Those lights were really cool... i think this is the 1st year i have not driven around trying to find lights to see... neat to see 'yours'

    ReplyDelete