Friday, December 14, 2012

Snow? What Snow?

I am very happy to report that I-5 south over the Siskiyou Mountains was dry.  We saw some snow on the trees, but the roads were clear.  I think snow is pretty, but I don't want to drive in it.

At the California agricultural inspection stop, we reported the oranges and apples that we had brought along, and we were waved through the stop.

After a day with no problems, we arrived in Corning, California at the Rolling Hills Casino RV Park.  This is a favorite stop of ours.  The price is $25, but we were told that it will go up to $28 in January.  The RV self-registration has now been changed to registering inside the Travel Center.  The RV sites are not assigned, so we picked a nice site and settled in for the next few days.

IMG_4803-001

Goodbye, Oregon--Hello California!IMG_4809

Shasta Lake is still pretty low.  IMG_4821

A sign that we like to see:IMG_4822

9 comments:

  1. Glad you made it through the Siskiyous safely at this time of year! Sunny California is yours for the taking. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you...I like to see it but don't want it on the road. Enjoy your time at Rolling Hills. It's a favorite stop of ours too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was worried about you getting over the Siskiyous - so glad the snow was just on the trees. Don't lose too much money.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sure happy to see you made it down to Corning just fine! Nice to be over the hill and down the other side a ways with dry highways. Sure looking forward to seeing your sunshine photos as you progress through your stops. Have a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm always concerned when I have to go over a mountain pass in the RV. Glad to hear that you had clear roads today.

    ReplyDelete
  6. enjoy your time at Rolling Hills! glad you landed safely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful photo's today! Still waiting for some moisture.....

    Glad your oranges and apples were legal by CA standards! Can't imagine why they wouldn't be since pot would be okay! Silly rules!

    Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Now that you are safely over the Siskyous, we are headed out this morning across what is expected to be a stormy I-10 to our favorite (actually it's the only) stop halfway to our destination. Gila Bend has two reasonable RV parks. Our favorite is behind the Shell gas station where all sorts of Mexican pots and trinkets are for sale.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Carol, I couldn't email you either. So the fridge I have is a Samsung with top French doors and bottom drawer freezer. It is 18 cu. ft. I believe. It was the only residential fridge that fit almost exactly into the space where the Dometic was. If you want to see pictures of the installation, go to the archives of my blog in Jan or Feb of 2011.

    ReplyDelete