Thursday, December 13, 2012

Swimming!

We didn't have any rain during our drive to Canyonville today.  We experienced fog, clouds, and quite a few sun breaks. 

We enjoyed the greenery at this park (and the sunshine)!IMG_4790

Site #76IMG_4792

After we got set up at Seven Feathers RV Park, Dave and I went for a swim in the warm water of the indoor resort pool.  To my delight, I fit into my swimsuit!  It felt great to be in the water again.  I'm not much of a swimmer because I like to keep my head out of the water, but I try to keep my legs and arms moving when I'm in the water, so at least I get a little exercise.  The jacuzzi felt great afterwards and helped warm us up before we had to go back out into the cold air.  We had the pool all to ourselves and shared the jacuzzi with a friendly older woman from Olympia, WA. 

The empty poolIMG_4796

The spacious jacuzziIMG_4795

Then we got some more exercise by walking down to the casino.  We made up for the exercise by eating dinner at one of the casino restaurants, Cow Creek.  By the time we finished dinner, the outside temperature had dropped to 32 degrees, so we opted to ride the shuttle bus back up the hill to our site.

As Dave mentioned in his blog, there's a chance of snow tonight, so we'll see if we wake up to some white stuff.  We'll relax when we get to Corning tomorrow after passing over the Siskiyous and through the Mount Shasta area.  And we'll see if we can make it through the California border agricultural inspection station without getting stopped this year!

7 comments:

  1. Swimming! Yay! We'll be out this coming week over by the Colorado River. I believe the park we are visiting has a pool, but I doubt it will be indoors. Winter has arrived in SE Arizona -- huge wind and rain storm during the night. I haven't been out yet to check for damage. Gotta wait for the dark to go away. Have fun on your journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those pools look inviting to me, especially the jacuzzi!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to see you are heading on your way! safe travels as you head over the mountains today!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo on your header. Swimming sounds wonderful, and having the pool to yourselves was very nice. Glad you're on the road again and you have clear weather for your trip. We will look forward to your sunshine photos!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We only have an outdoor pool and there won't be any swimming here for awhile. Rain and cold. Be safe going over the mountains. Hopefully not too much snow. Sure wish I could fit into my swimsuit. Not happening right now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i LOVE the picture of Sophie! She's so grown up already!

    So glad you went swimming. I keep trying to talk Joan into using the pool at her place, and it looks like the only way she'll go is if I go with her. With your encouragement, we'll be one step closer to that goal.

    Jackie B.

    ReplyDelete
  7. JEALOUS (ha-ha)!! Glad you are having such a good time already. That is a great pool at 7 Feathers so I'm glad you made good use of it. Travel safe.

    ReplyDelete