Saturday, August 29, 2009

Well, summer is winding down and Dave's football schedule is ramping up. He officiated at scrimmages last night and tonight, and is evaluating some officials tomorrow afternoon. While he was gone I got caught up on watching some DVDs. I am still enjoying the series "House of Eliott" that I mentioned before. It's about two sisters who open a clothing design business in London in the early 20th century. Very interesting to see the clothing and hairstyles from that time period, as well as the change from horse and buggies to automobiles, etc.

I have been exercising inside during the last week, so I haven't gone for any more interesting bike rides. We were hoping to take our bikes to the beach next weekend, but the forecast is for rain, so that plan may not work.

I am reading an excellent new fiction book, The Forgotten Garden, by Kate Morton. It is an interesting saga about a young girl who was abandoned on a ship headed for Austrailia in 1913. By using back flashes and forward flashes through the years, her story is told in a style that reminds me of some of the Dickens books. I have read 1/4 of the book, so I hope the rest of the book is a satisfying read.

No comments:

Post a Comment