Dave and I left Phillips RV Park at 8:30 am as planned. We pulled out of our site and then found out that a car blocking the road. We honked our horn several times. No one appeared. Dave got out to see if the keys were in the car. Nope. Dave called the RV Park office and they didn't seem to know what to do. Dave suggested that the car should be towed. The park owner didn't even come out to investigate. There was no other way to go to get out, so finally Dave backed up a few feet (not an easy task with the car hitched up behind us) and was able to very carefully go through one of the empty sites. There wasn't much room, and now our motorhome has a big scratch on the passenger side because it hit the hookups in that site.
I have to say that I would not recommend Phillips RV Park in Evanston, Wyoming, unless one has a very small RV with no slides. Big rigs don't fit here! For one thing, the park had many low branches that could potentially damage the roof of the RV, and the sites are very small with trees on both side. And then there are those rocks that I wrote about in yesterday's blog.
Our other gripe with this park is that when we arrived, there was no one at the office. Another motorhome had arrived before we did, and they were waiting, too. With both of us waiting, we pretty much blocked the entrance to the park. Finally after about 20 minutes of waiting, a teenager came and unlocked the office and registered us. We suggested to him that when the office is closed, they need some system, a white board for example, that instructs customers about which sites are available. He didn't seem too concerned, so I doubt he passed on the message to his parents, the owners.
The other thing that happened today was that a bird flew into our motorhome as we were driving. The only damage seems to be that our radio antenna is bent. We were lucky that the air conditioner wasn't damaged. The bird, of course, is history.
Despite the morning problems, we had an enjoyable drive to Glenns Ferry, Idaho. We left Wyoming and entered Utah. We weren't in Utah for too long, but wow, that state has some great scenery. We hadn't been on this leg of I-84 before.
We saw a long train that was carrying army supply vehicles. We guessed that they were headed for shipment overseas.
My welcome to Idaho sign got clipped. I really am not good at taking pictures of welcome signs as we barrel down the road!
After Utah, the Idaho scenery was humdrum. We had some excitement, though, when we drove under a large rain cloud. These bugs on the windshield were gone by the time we drove out from under the rain!
We are all tucked into site #7 at Trails End RV Park in Glenns Ferry, Idaho. It's kind of a funky little park, but it'll do for our one-night stay. The price is right at $23.76. The wifi works well, but we can't get satellite from this site.
The end of the trail for this wagon?
Still gravel, but at least we have a bit of grass here.
We are too tired today to unhook the car and go exploring, so for information on Glenns Ferry, click on my blog entry from May, 2010.
Tomorrow, it's on to Pendleton, Oregon!
Well, how rude can one person be. It wasn't like you were leaving at the crack of dawn. That was a poor management decision also!
ReplyDeleteYour drive though Utah looks lovely, but Idaho doesn't look so promising.
Phillips's RV Park is on my list of places to never go. Sorry about the scratch. :(
ReplyDeleteWow, that sky was ominous!!!
ReplyDeleteSome great scenery today...I left a comment about the other stuff on Dave's blog!! What a day. Nice plan to get your windshield washed by the rain though.
ReplyDeleteRude doesn't even begin to describe what happened to you. I gave up on Welcome to signs a long time ago because I could never get them to turn out through the windshield. Too blurry or I missed them altogether.
ReplyDeletequite the adventure today as you made you way through three states!..I am not very good at getting those 'welcome to' signs either!..I try really hard and sometimes I get 'em and sometimes I don't!..
ReplyDeleteNice 'mother nature car wash' you had to drive through!
well good grief!!!
ReplyDeletedid you know about that before you left? I would have let the park know and found out who's car that was and let them have it!! what a mess!!
that little park looks cute to me!
Ouch, sorry to hear about the scratch to your RV, you would think the park owners would have come out to find out who the car belonged to. Hope all goes well for the remainder of your trip.
ReplyDeleteSorry about the scratch! Maybe some wax will help it disappear...maybe? And oh, the poor little bird. It must've been scared to death. I would be more worried about the helpless creature than the inside of my home. Well, maybe I used to be when I was little. But alas, nature took its course.
ReplyDeleteSilly Jackie B.