It's hot and windy here in Deer Lodge, unseasonably hot, I understand. When we got here, Dave unhooked the car for me and I went into town to visit Quilters Corner Quilt Shop. I looked around for a while and bought some fat quarters to make into potholders. I also bought some quilt binding clips to hold the binding in place while I sew it onto a quilt. It's always fun to look around quilt shops because each shop displays different fabrics made into quilts and other projects. This shop was fun because it was in an old bank building. They used the upstairs as a sale area.
I drove by the Old Montana State Prison, which also contains a car museum. I decided not to tour the museum because the weather was too hot! The tour looked like it would be interesting.
As Dave mentioned, a while after we drove southeast of Missoula on I-90, we came upon an accident. Traffic was stopped for a little while and then we had to form one lane to get past the accident. Everyone was driving slow, so I was able to take a couple of pictures.
The first picture is of the tow vehicle that turned on its side. The picture that I did not get was of a Dutchmen trailer that the car had evidently been towing when it jackknifed. The second picture that I took was of the Life Flight helicopter that had arrived on the scene.
This third picture is of another car that we think was involved in the trailer accident. This car looked like it flipped at least twice and ended up landing upright. Stuff from the car was strewn all over the median. This accident did not have an ambluance present, but the first accident did.
Almost directly across from where the first accident took place, teenagers were climbing the rocks, playing in a waterfall, and watching what was happening across the road.
I do hope no one died in that accidents, and for sure that Dutchmen trailer won't be doing any camping for a while. Before and after the excitement, I took a few pictures of the terrain that we traveled through in Idaho and Montana on I-90.
We are staying at Indian Creek RV Park in Deer Lodge, MT. We not only did not see any deer, as Dave mentioned, but we did not see a creek.
Tomorrow, God willing, we will be spending the night in Hardin, Montana.
It's just plain hot here in Montana. Very hot. And tomorrow isn't going to be any better. If you're going to the battlefield, go early in the morning.
ReplyDeletetoo bad about the accidents!..sure hope that no one was hurt too badly..drive safely!
ReplyDeletetomorrow it is supposed to be 107 in the Black Hills... just so you know!
ReplyDeletesend me a message of fb of where you are staying if you'd like to have a meet up... we made reservations today to be in Custer until July 9!
Always hate to see an accident along the road. That's really too bad. We could use a bit of that extra sunshine and heat over here. It ha POURED rain most of the day - no drizzle here - torrential would not be too strong a word!!
ReplyDeleteLooks like beautiful country you are in.
ReplyDelete"Unseasonably hot" in Montana, in our personal experience of 9 years living in Butte, could be as high as 80 degrees, sometimes 85. I bet it's even hotter than that now, though, as it is everywhere in the west.
ReplyDeleteScary accident. Stay cool:)
ReplyDelete