Dave and I are leaving Sunday morning for a motorhome trip to the Black Hills of South Dakota. We had planned to go on this trip three summers ago, but that year I needed to get an unexpected artificial aortic heart valve, so I had to cancel all of our reservations. Last year we went on the Yellowstone part of that previously planned trip, and this year we are going to spend 3 1/2 weeks traveling through Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, South Dakota, Nebraska, and then back home again through Oregon. Dave or I or both us will undoubtedly write posts about summer travels.
In the meantime, I have been working on more quilting projects. I made a pink flannel quilt for my great-niece, Amaya Mei Tanaka. She happened to be born in Atlanta, GA on the same day that I mailed the quilt.
Baby Amaya leaving the hospital
Baby Amaya's quilt (front) Back of quilt
Burp cloths--she may be the only baby girl who has a Cars-themed burp cloth!
Cars pillow which I made for Amaya's four-year-old big brother, Braylon
I finished up one of the quilt tops that I pieced while we were camping at Mallard Creek. I am planning on donating these lap-size quilts to a nursing home or maybe to project Linus.
Then I decided to make one more Charm pack quilt. To quilt this yellow and black quilt, I decided to play around with stippling, a free motion quilt technique which I am just learning.
That's the end of my quilting projects for a while because I have decided not to take my sewing machine along on our trip to Mount Rushmore. No doubt I will find a few quilt stores along the way to visit, though!
You're quilts are absolutely gorgeous,you obviously like quilting. I would probably get the squares pointed the wrong direction. Anyway they are beautiful. Your next trip is in one of my favorite area to travel. There are so many things to see and do, if you are close, be sure to visit Pierre, capitol of SD. It's a lovely small town with music in the park down by the river every week. There is a great campground just south of the town on the river with a bike trail that goes all the way to town. Have fun.
ReplyDeletenice job on the quilts!!!..love the yellow and black one!..enjoy the journey to the Hills of South Dakota!!!..can't wait to read all about it!
ReplyDeleteI am very impressed with your quilting. Little Amaya is adorable and so is her quilt. Have a wonderful time on your trip and I'll be riding along in the back (I think I'll just be napping on the couch so wake me up when we get there!)
ReplyDeleteThose quilts are great!!! Loved seeing Mt Rushmore!! gives a little patriotic nudge to your senses, just gazing at it, and the drives around there are wonderful scenery...
ReplyDelete