Friday, January 14, 2011

Yosemite in Winter

Dave and I are spending the next few days at Cal Expo RV Park in Sacramento.  We have wifi, 50 amp, and all the bells and whistles.  We thoroughly enjoyed our day in Yosemite and decided that we didn't need to go back for one more day--not this trip anyway.  We'll be back there in the future!

I have so many pictures to share that I will break this up into two blogs.

West EntranceIMG_8155

We drove to Yosemite via Highway 140, which goes from Merced through Mariposa and then El Portal.IMG_8163

Deer along the road near the view of Cascade Waterfall IMG_8181 

Yes, there was snow in Yosemite Valley!IMG_8184

One of our first stops was Bridalveil Falls.  The path to the falls was icy, so we only walked part of the way up.IMG_8192

The path to Bridalveil before it got steep.IMG_8190

We walked across Swinging Bridge (which didn't swing)and got a good view of the meadows covered with snow.IMG_8205 IMG_8206 IMG_8212

Below is the famous Yosemite Valley view near the tunnel on Highway 41.  On the left is El Capitan, at the back is a glimpse of Half-Dome, on the right is Sentinel Rock, and below the rock is Bridalveil Falls.  The sun wasn't shining, but it was still a spectacular view!IMG_8197

And that's all for now.  I'll post the rest of my pictures tomorrow!

7 comments:

  1. Will you be meeting up with Gypsy while in Sacramento?

    Nice pics of Yosemite. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photo's! Everyone should remember to click and enlarge them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice shots of Yosemite!..good work today, Carol!..you got some good ones!..can't wait till tomorrow!1

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have never been there in the winter it sure is beautiful. Our 12yr old grandson is going camping there this weekend with his scout troup.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yosemite is beautiful any time of year, but it has a special charm under winter's snow! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful pictures and a great post today Carol!

    John
    relaxedrush.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know why my comment didn't show up from yesterday. Some strange things have been happening on here for a few days. I love all of your pictures on this post, and really love the one with the road running under the rock. Looking forward to the pictures on todays post.

    ReplyDelete