Welcome to two new sets of blog followers, Kathy and Robert and brand new bloggers, Nancy and Joe. Click on their names to read their blogs.
Dave and I are sitting at DeMartini in Grass Valley, CA, in our "office" (the conference room). Inside the building we can use their speedy wifi but we can't get it in the RV parking spot.
They have put a call into Fleetwood to authorize further repairs to our motorhome's bedroom slide. In addition, the windshield wipers are getting a new motor installed.
I don't have any new pictures, so I've included a few more pictures that I took in Old Sacramento on Sunday and a couple more Yosemite pictures. You might have noticed that I like to take pictures of signs!
I don't know what the building in the background is, but it was impressive and had a path down to a dock along the Sacramento River. Delta King is a 1927 riverboat that traveled between Sacramento and San Francisco. It is now permanently docked at Old Sacramento and is a restaurant and hotel.
Below is a picture of the rockslide on Highway 140 leading to Yosemite. It happened in mid-summer, 2006 and they haven't figured out a way to fix it yet. They are thinking about tunneling through it. In the meantime there's a temporary detour across the Merced River.
We visited the famous Ahwahnee Hotel at Yosemite. We wanted to have lunch there, but we decided not to when we saw that even a sandwich cost over $20. We were amused to see that the Ahwahnee's outdoor swimming pool was heated and available for their guests to use, even though there was snow on the ground.
And finally, I have a quote to share with you:
- "An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is an adventure wrongly considered."
- --G. K. Chesterton
English author & mystery novelist (1874 - 1936)
Hi Carol...new follower (Donna K) here. Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog (Travel Therapy). I am thrilled to read so many travel blogs and know that so many people are on similar journeys. Love your post about Yosemite...have not been there in MANY years but am itching to visit again.
ReplyDeleteif you noticed I, too like to take pictures of signs..it is a sickness with me!!..especially the odd ones.. wooden and otherwise!..hope you and Dave are well and happy!!..safe travels as you head out on the road!!
ReplyDeleteThat heated pool at the Ahwanee looks inviting. When we lived in Butte, MT we occasionally had an opportunity to stay at Fairmont Hot Springs, a hotel and an RV Park, outside of Anaconda, MT. They have a year round huge naturaslly heated outdoor swimming pool with an adjoining huge hot tub. Sitting in that hot tub drinking champagne with snow falling and ice on the pavement is about as great as life can get!
ReplyDeleteGreetings from Southern California :-)
ReplyDeleteI added myself to follow your blog. You are more than welcome to visit mine and become a follower if you want to.
God Bless You, ~Ron