Friday, December 11, 2009
What's up with this? The last two mornings I have had to go back to bed after getting up and having breakfast. I am so tired and my body aches. But yesterday I finally got up again and went out to get groceries so that I would be stocked up before we get our big freezing rain storm that's predicted. And today I got up again so that Dave and I could go for a walk around Battle Ground Village and the new houses there. We had lunch at the new Laurelwood Pub and Brewery at the Village. I was fine on the walk and during lunch, but now that I'm home again I'm tired and achy again. The temperare has warmed up to above freezing which is a nice change. Now my body needs to get into gear!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Regarding your achy, tiredness, I think you're simply reacting to the cold. It is so draining to be out there! The body has to work very hard to keep itself in a state of balance. The blood rushes to the outer shell (the skin), and the rest of the corps just has to make do. We are NOT used to this kind of cold, though you may have grown up in it. But you are no longer aclimated to it. You cannot expect to go out for a long walk around Battle Ground and come home feeling just fine. You ache because all your muscles have been tense and your nerves are inflamed from the pressure placed upon them. It's a profound experience to be thrust into this siberian waste land of dry cold. I'm exhausted just thinking about it.
ReplyDeleteJackie B.
Thanks for replying, Jackie. I wish it was just the cold weather, but I not just feeling bad when I go outside. I'm inside most of the time. I'm trying hard to get well by Tuesday! Carol
ReplyDelete