Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Sixty-Six Clouds

OK, I admit it, I like to post things that I've seen on other blogs or websites.  This one is really cool.  Really.  Click on this: http://identity33.com/blog/?p=531#comment-443 

Quoted from the website link:
Sixty-Six Clouds is a visual exploration of word frequency in the Bible.  Each book of the Bible was individually imported into http://www.wordle.net/ to create a unique word cloud for all sixty-six books.  The significance of word clouds is that they quickly present the gist of large bodies of written materials at a glance.  Wordle gives greater prominence and size to words that appear more frequently in the source text.  Therefore, the larger the word is in the cloud, the more prominent it is in the text.

3 comments:

  1. It's like the wordle of my thesis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly! I didn't realize that wordle was what you used for your thesis. Just for fun, I let it do a wordle of my blog. Most prominent word: lighthouse! I think it used just the posts from the last few days.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did a wordle of my thesis - the one hanging in my office. It's not how I wrote my thesis though. I think lighthouse is the word I would have guessed!

    ReplyDelete