Monday, May 30, 2011

Mallard Creek Golf and RV Resort

Mallard Creek is one of our favorite RV parks.  It is located 7 miles outside of the small city of Lebanon, Oregon.  The views from the park are pastoral and serene.  We always enjoy our stays there.  This time we were there from Thursday until today, Monday.  The first night there were only four rigs at the park, including us.  By Saturday and Sunday, there were still only ten rigs.  The rainy weather forecast probably had something to do with the lack of RVs. 

The view from our site at Mallard CreekIMG_9659

Site #19IMG_9658

Our frustrations with our motorhome don't seem quite as dire as they did Saturday night.  We have some things to fix, but it's nothing we can't handle.  We are committed to this lifestyle and hope to continue to be part-time RVers for as long as we can manage.

While Dave was playing golf on Friday and Saturday, I went for a bike ride each day.  One of my favorite areas to ride around is Waterloo County Park.  It's one of Linn County's excellent parks.  The park has partial hookups, not full hookups, but it doesn't stop the people that camp there.  The rates are $24 for partial hookups, with a discount price for seniors 62 and over of $17 per night.  The Santiam River runs along the east side of the park.

The Santiam River on a dark, cloudy morning2011-05-27 11.14.45

I recently bought a new bicycle from Camping World.  It's a full-size folding cruiser (1 speed) bike.  I was having trouble with the hand brakes on my old bike, and determined that they contributed to my carpal tunnel problems.  My new bike has old-fashioned coaster brakes, and so far, I've had no carpal tunnel pain. 

My new bicycle parked at Waterloo County Park, OR2011-05-27 11.16.06

On Sunday afternoon, Dave and I drove to Albany, OR, parked at Grand Prairie Park, and rode our bicycles on the bike path along Periwinkle Creek and around the surrounding neighborhood. 

Periwinkle Creek2011-05-29 15.05.33 

We saw this sign at a house in the neighborhood.  Clever, huh?2011-05-29 15.27.47

Tonight we are at Champoeg State Park, southwest of Wilsonville, OR.  We have reservations here for the next three nights. 

4 comments:

  1. I think Angela would love to put a sign like that out sometime.

    We need to find bike seats like the one on your bike,our's are just to small and hurt.

    Have a great week..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure wish there was a hubby for hire around here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the sign. Very clever. The park you were biking in looks great too. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy your stay!..glad to hear that the motorhome fixes are not too difficult!

    ReplyDelete