Saturday was a frustrating day. It started out fine, however. A couple of Dave's friends came out to Mallard Creek Golf and RV Park to play golf with him, which meant he was a happy camper and a happy golfer.
That meant I had some time to myself in the RV, which I thoroughly enjoyed. Finally around noon took my bike to town (Lebanon, OR), parked at the library, and rode my bicycle around town. Very enjoyable, and even though the sky threatened rain, the thunderstorm held off until later in the afternoon.
I usually leave a load of laundry going in my Splendide washer/dryer when I go out. This time, however, when I got back from the bike ride, the laundry had stopped just before the spin cycle. I know how to do the process of opening the door when there's still water (and clothes) inside the machine, and I took out some of the clothes and washed the two loads separately. No problem, right?
Wrong! Those two loads worked fine, but when I started another load around 7 pm, I decided to wash and dry the load in two separate steps. Nothing wrong with that, except that the operator (me) forgot to turn off the "easy iron" button. Well that small operator error mucked things up until about 11 pm. I finally got online to read the Splendide Support Center site and discovered my mistake. Today the Splendide is working flawlessly.
To add to the confusion and frustration last night, we had trouble closing one of our day-night shades. The blind came down sideways and the fabric on the day shade is crooked and bunching up. Luckily the string didn't break (yet). After spending several hours last night trying to fix things, we've decided to let a professional help us with this task.
One other random problem that we've been having this trip is that our toilet (which was just fixed because it wasn't holding water) is now occasionally leaking water out somewhere on the bottom of the toilet. This is not something we can fix ourselves, so when we get home again we'll be giving our mobile RV guy some more income. It wasn't our plan to give the local economy so much support, but hey, it's for a good cause, right? We didn't think so last night, but things were brighter this morning, as things usually are in the morning. Last night we were ready to sell the RV and find another less frustrating and less expensive hobby!
sorry to hear you are having a 'frustrating day'!..hopefully today is a better one!
ReplyDeleteIf it isn't one thing, it's another. :)
ReplyDeleteOH NO, don't give up & sell out! We have not had any probs with our Splendide or our day-night shades -- not yet anyway. I will have to remember to check that website first if & when there is a prob with the Splendide. Hoping today is a much better day for you!
ReplyDeleteYep, all of that can lead to a frustrating day...hope today is better!
ReplyDeleteCarol sorry you had a frustrating day. Hope today is better. We might get a little break in the weather tomorrow so that would help. Did you make it to Champoeg?
ReplyDeleteFrustrating and expensive....yup....that's true of so many things these days, isn't it? Glad things are moving in the right direction. Hope the sun shines more than the rain rains. Enjoy Champoeg if you make it there and let us know what it's like. Donna's been wanting to go there, and we've never been.
ReplyDeleteThis makes me even happier that we have an appartment sized washer and dryer in our RV. We did have to remove some shelving to get it in, but I think it may have been one of our smarter decissions. Glad yours is back working the right way. The blinds are always a pain in the butt!!!
ReplyDeleteCarol, Sorry you had such a frustrating day, but that was yesterday and today is a new day. The fixing of the toilet area can be done without much problem and then that will be behind also. It seems that things sometimes comes in three's or even four's.
ReplyDeleteOn the bright side the rest of your time in the RV was great and you had a good bike ride.
Take care and be safe.