The sun came out this morning and the weather was beautiful. We drove the fifteen miles to the ski path. After we got our gear on, we set out. The first part of the trip was slightly uphill, which was fine with us. It was the return trip that caused me frustration. I got going a little too fast on the slight downhill, and fell twice. When I fell, I couldn't get back up unless I took my skis off. But I couldn't easily get my skis off. Since the boots and bindings were new, I'm not as familiar with how to release the boots. Dave had to help me both times. I also have a hard time getting back up again once I've fallen. So the two falls weren't too much fun.
On the up side of the adventure, I didn't have any shortness of breath. The scenery was beautiful with snow on the trees. New snow fell last night, so there was a cleanness and freshness to the path. On the down side, my body from the waist down is aching, probably from the falls as much as from the skiing. We were on the path for two hours, but part of that time was trying to get back up again.
We went for a walk around the RV park. It's a beautiful setting with lots of trees and mountains in the background.
The pool and fitness center:
The lodge with meeting room and recreation area:

Looks like a great park, Carol. Thanks for the tour. Good job with the ski thing. You'll get better as you go along I'm sure. That is really, really good exercise. I'm impressed!
ReplyDeleteThanks for your comments, Margie!
ReplyDelete