Cambria is a town located about 45 miles north of Pismo Beach on Highway 1. The town only has about 7000 residents, but they have a wonderful system of trails. Our favorite trail is the boardwalk trail that runs next to Moonstone Beach Drive along the coast of the Pacific Ocean.
We parked at Cambria’s San Simeon State Park at the south end of the boardwalk. There’s another parking/picnic area at the north end of the boardwalk. It’s about a 40 minute walk from one end of the boardwalk to the other.
It was sunny day when left Pismo Beach, but when we got to Cambria, the coast was foggy.
With the ocean on the west side of the boardwalk and houses and inns on the right side, it’s an interesting walk. I’m so glad that there’s a public boardwalk in front of all those houses, which are actually located across the street from the coastline.
These guys were having fun chasing the waves.
This one of my favorite trees along the path.
This year we didn’t head further on north to see the elephant seals. But we saw a few seals on the rocks. They blend into the rocks so well that we had to look twice. They weren’t barking like seals usually do, or maybe the surf was so loud that we didn’t hear them.
The fog began moving out as we walked.
We ate lunch at Cambria’s Moonstone Beach Bar and Grill and as we ate, we watched the fog and clouds come and go.
Well, after reading that, I feel like I've had my walk for the day! Only...I haven't. I loved how you showed the change from fog to sunshine. What a great little boardwalk that trail provides! I'm so glad you're getting lots of walks in.
ReplyDeleteJackie
Awesome header photo.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful way to enjoy the water. Great boardwalk!
I bet it's a little easier walking on the boardwalk than the sand too.
ReplyDeletelove that tree!
ReplyDeleteThat's a great header photo! Nice to have a boardwalk to stroll on. The sunshine sure makes the ocean look beautiful.
ReplyDeleteGreat coastal pictures!
ReplyDeleteBeautiful there on the coast, we were there last fall.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful collection of coastal pictures. Have a good day...
ReplyDelete