Last week Dave and I drove to the small town of Guadalupe, CA and visited the Guadalupe Dunes. This is a Santa Barbara County park, but admission is free. It’s a fun place to go to see sand dunes. Unlike Oceano, these dunes are protected, so there are no dune buggies racing around. We parked right in front of the ocean and ate our lunch.
We were amused by watching a man work out on the beach. His equipment consisted of a rock and a shovel. Dave surmised that perhaps he was trying to build his muscles and stamina for paddleboarding. Below are some of the pictures of his workout.
See the rock and the shovel sticking out of the sand? At first he was dressed warmly, but as the workout progressed, he shed his outer layer of clothing, but not his stocking cap. Doing squats:
Doing pushups with the rock
Doing short jogs
Digging with the shovel while doing a slow jog:
It doesn’t take much to amuse us!
HAHAHA...what a hoot. I am not sure I ever saw anyone on a beach with a stocking cap on.
ReplyDeleteThe dunes look gorgeous, and how wonderful that there aren't any ATV's and such blasting around on them!
ReplyDeleteSure love all those great photos of sand and sunshine! It's still foggy and cold here, so we had to walk around inside the Gateway mall just to get our exercise for the day. Hopefully, we will be able to get outside tomorrow. Enjoy all that sunshine.
ReplyDeleteSheesh, it's a good thing I was with Russ - we were at the Valley River Mall. He might never have found his way home LOL!! Great pictures and I got a good laugh out of your shots of the guy doing his workout. It doesn't take much to amuse us either!
ReplyDeleteI'd like to put that man to work in my garden. What a waste of muscle and brawn. Oh well, he's probably just enjoying being on display.
ReplyDeleteJackie
I had no idea this area was in California. Thank you for sharing. :) and the pictures of "workout guy" are a hilarious.:)
ReplyDelete