Dave wrote about our stay in Corning. We were there for five nights in total. We ate at the casino buffet twice, both times yesterday. It seemed like we would never need to eat again, but wouldn't you know we were hungry again today.
While we were in Corning, I worked on a new sewing project, the sawtooth star quilt block. Don't look too closely as the points don't quite match up like they are supposed to. I'm going to try it again, being even more careful with my cutting and sewing this time. This was a fun block to make, and was a quick project since the pieces were large enough to make a 12 1/2 inch block.
This morning we headed for Patterson, CA. We are staying at Kit Fox RV Park. This is a Passport America park, and the half-price rate was $21 for a pull-through, full hookup site. The park offers free Tengo internet, but it was down today, so we used our cell phones to tether to the internet.
Recently our Camp Club USA half-price membership was folded into the Passport America half-price club. In order to sweeten the change for us, they gave us some free months on our membership. So far we are very happy with Passport America and we are good through March, 2014. There are only a few parks that we liked that belonged only to Camp Club USA. I hope those parks will sign on with Passport America. The other nice thing about Passport America is that it offers a free Droid phone app which makes it super easy to look up campgrounds.
Patterson is a small city of 20,000 located off I-5, southeast of Livermore and south of Stockton and Tracy. Patterson is known as the "Apricot Capital of the World". A wine bar/nut store (Stewart and Jasper Orchards) was located across the street from the RV park and I bought some almonds and dried apricots. Yummy!
The hills west of the I-5 freeway, as viewed from our space at Kit Fox RV Park
The hills at sunset, around 5:15 pm
Tomorrow is the day--a four hour drive and then our arrival at Pismo Coast Village RV Park in Pismo Beach!
Nice sunset picture, Carol. Kind of gets you in the mood to be at the beach soon, doesn't it? Have a safe trip, and thanks for sharing the information about the campgrounds. Always such good info from you! And, I thought your star looked just fine, so there!
ReplyDeletenice work on the star, Carol!!..good job..much better than I could have done..enjoy the campsite it looks very nice and spacious..and blue sky too is always a nice bonus!!
ReplyDeleteWe use Kit Fox for our stays while traveling into or out of California, great rate with the discount card.
ReplyDeleteNice pictures have fun.
ReplyDelete