Monday, January 9, 2012

Enticing Morro Bay

IMG_2193

Dave and I drove to Morro Bay this afternoon.  We had a plan of eating lunch at Bob's Big Boy, but alas, the one in Morro Bay was out of business, like most of the other Bob's Big Boy Restaurants.  It's not that it was such a fantastic place to eat, but it was reminiscent for us because we ate there when we lived in Riverside.  Their Sunday brunch was especially good. 

The iconic smokestacks of Morro Bay provide electricity to the city.IMG_2156

So instead, we ate at Lil' Hut, the outside version of the bigger restaurant, Harbor Hut.  It's where I go for chowder in Morro Bay.  We soaked in the sunshine at our outdoor table and enjoyed the sights and sounds of the bay.  We saw pelicans and seals as well as lots of other birds.  We watched the harbor cruise boat touring the bay and admired many of the sailboats moored in the bay. 

This guy was busy cleaning the windows of a dinner-cruise boat.  IMG_2145

After our lunch, we walked along the waterfront.  Then we drove to the nearby village Baywood and went to their Monday Farmer's Market.  Luscious-looking vegetables, fruits, and flowers were for sale and I bought strawberries and a huge cauliflower. 

I enjoyed seeing pelicans.IMG_2168

On the way home from our adventure, we took Los Osos Road and stopped at Costco for some chicken and a rotisserie chicken.  Dave got gas at Costco ($3.67/gallon) while I went inside to make the purchases. 

A paddle-boarder in the bay.  He made it look easy!IMG_2195

An even braver paddle-boarder out beyond the ocean waves. IMG_2164

What a fine day we had! I'm already planning on going back to the Baywood Farmer's Market some other Monday to purchase some oranges.

IMG_2149

8 comments:

  1. That's a great sign!! Love unusual signs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AWESOME pics -- the sign made me laugh -- out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks to me like you are enjoying all the Pismo Beach has to offer!!..love the sign..thanks for the laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that pelican picture. And that sign - just too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So that's our problem! We feed the birds at our place, and yes, they do crap all over the place. But they are so colorful and so delightful in their activity, we put up with it. If I could only get Suzy to go out with a scrub brush and clean things up once in a while!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, that's such a great place to visit. I love those pelicans, too. Thanks for sharing all the wonderful photos! I love seeing sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great pics. Love the blue skies and sunshine. Hope you enjoyed that Costco chicken. We had one just the other day - they're the best.

    ReplyDelete