As we drove south on Highway 101 on Thursday, January 5, we eagerly anticipated our first glimpse of the Pacific Ocean. As we made a turn near the first Pismo Beach exit, there it was--the ocean view that we had anticipated for almost a year. We left Pismo Beach around the middle of February in 2011. This year we are staying for two months. As we drove, Dave and I talked about all the sights that we are planning to revisit and a few new things that we are planning to do. Mainly we are hoping to get out into the sunshine every day and to get some exercise every day.
We are off to a good start with the exercise. Last night we walked to town and back and stopped for dinner at our favorite clam chowder place, Splash Cafe. My hip pain bothered me on the way back, even after taking Tylenol, so today we were eager to get our bicycles out and go for a bike ride for exercise. Bicycling is easier on my hips than walking. We rode six miles--around the RV park and around North Beach State Park to the south of the RV park.
Last year North Beach State Park was closed for some repairs. It looks like most of those repairs are still not finished, but this year the park is open. There were a few rigs there, but not very many considering that our RV park is packed with rigs. The state park doesn't have any hookups, but the price is better--$25 instead of around $50 per night for the RV parks in this area. The state park has beach access after climbing over some low dunes. The state park has spacious sites, which our RV park and all the RV parks in this area DON'T have.
The state park is located adjacent to the seasonal monarch butterfly viewing area, and is also connected to a boardwalk walking path that leads to the golf course and access to Pismo State Beach.
I don't have any pictures to share because it was getting dark when we walked to town, and it's very hard to take pictures while riding a bicycle! I'll eventually get around to posting some pictures of the RV park, but for now, if you are interested, you can click on the official Pismo Coast Village RV Park website.
glad to see the blue sky and sunshine!!..you know of course, I see the words Pismo Beach and two people do come to mind!..enjoy your bike rides, the sun, the sand, the surf and the pier!...two whole months..what a treat!!!
ReplyDeleteI can tell your going to have a good two months stay. Have fun
ReplyDeleteGlad you arrived safe and sound. Wishing you lots of blue skies and sunshine...
ReplyDeleteNice place you have there! Sunshine, sand, ocean, what more could you want? Exercise sounds good, especially biking. You certainly got a good ride in. There will be more, I'm certain! Sounds like a good place to spend a few days in that State Park! Might just have to do that some time. Thanks for telling us about that. Enjoy Pismo Beach, you've been waiting for it, and now, here it is!
ReplyDeleteSo glad your arrival was safe and weather is so good. I know you will enjoy your time there. I must say, every time I here Pismo Beach I sadly reflect on 2 special folks!
ReplyDelete