Thursday, April 7, 2011

Seattle, WA

After getting used to being on the internet only once a day, Dave and I are now at an RV park in Bothell, Washington with a wifi connection.  This park only offers one hour a day of free wifi, so I signed up for the unlimited three-day package using Tengo internet.  No more internet withdrawals for me!

Our site at Lake Pleasant RV Park, with lake in backgroundIMG_9291

We are staying at Lake Pleasant RV Park, which is located about 20 minutes from downtown Seattle.  The lake is more like a pond, but is indeed pleasant and is surrounded by RVs.  This park is expensive at $44 per day, but the options for RV parks are very limited in the Seattle area.  The park's monthly rates must be pretty good because there are lots of people staying here.IMG_9281

One of the residents at Lake PleasantIMG_9282

This morning we took Highway 101 north from Ilwaco, WA, and drove along Willapa Bay and through the small towns of South Bend and Raymond.  Before Aberdeen, we turned off on Highway 107 and headed east on Highways 12/8 to Olympia, where we took I-5 north to I-405 to Bothell. 

The weather was sunny and cold this morning when we left Cape Disappointment State Park.  The temperature at the state park unexpectedly got down to freezing last night, and in the middle of the night we had to get up and turn off our heat pumps because they were blowing cold air on us, and turn on our propane furnace.  We had rain right before we got to the I-5 rest area at Federal Way, just enough to get our tow car all dirty. 

This is going to be a quick stay at Bothell, but we'll come back again, I'm sure.  It's about time for us to see the sights in Seattle again after taking a hiatus for some 10-15 years.  Seattle Center is one of our favorite places, especially the Imax theater.  We used to have a family membership at the Pacific Science Center in Seattle and made the three hour trip each way from Vancouver, WA quite often.  The annual membership was good at science centers across the country, including our own OMSI in Portland.  At that time, the Pacific Science Center membership cost much less than an OMSI membership. 

It's about time that we take a ride up to the top of the famous Space Needle again!Space-Needle-at-Night

10 comments:

  1. I'll enjoy coming along on your tour of Seattle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy the sights in Seattle!..Pike Place Market??..gum alley??..live on the wild side!..enjoy the Space Needle ride..sunny and clear here in Vancouver today!..maybe the weather will co-operate for a great views for you both today!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Pacific NW is a wonderful place to be, but we spent so many months yo-yoing back and forth to the area for medical reasons that we are glad to be in our desert, re-visiting with you on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like a beautiful campground, but a little more than I like to pay. I would stay there though if it were near something I wanted to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the park information, we may be in Seattle this summer and needed a good reference. Enjoy your visit and be sure and go to the top of the space needle.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the pictures of close to home. We have made many trips to Seattle Center over the years. Have about five years of pictures of the boys with Santa from there (same Santa all the years).

    Are you just on a mini-vacation or did something take you up that way. Enjoy your time there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'll be waiting for my personal tour of Seattle thru your blog...one place we've never been -- will have to put it on our bucket list. Enjoy & be safe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks like you have a great spot at Lake Pleasant RV Park. The pond is peaceful looking. Hope you and Dave make it ti the Space Needle.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That looks like a great park. It might be a tad spendy but if it is convenient to Seattle then it's worth it. Hope you have some fun times there. I think Seattle is a great city but we don't get up there very often.

    We'll be waiting to hear about that grandbaby. Just two more days! I think he'll be born on Russ's birthday though (11th).

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey! We stayed at that same park while we toured Seattle on our previous visit! And for the same reason~not many RV parks!!!

    ReplyDelete