I've been lax with my blog posts for two reasons--lack of internet service and rain. The rain means that I don't have very many pictures to post. The lack of internet is bearable because we have found three places in town (Long Beach, WA) that offer a good, free WIFI connection (McDonalds, Hungry Harbor Cafe, and Lost Roo Restaurant). I can also go to the jetty or the boat dock at Cape Disappointment State Park and connect to the internet using my cell phone.
A morning view from the boat dock
I've realized that as much as I miss having constant internet available, I've become too dependent on checking my email and reading blogs several times a day. It's kind of liberating to check just once a day.
One of the tsumani warning signs at Cape Disappointment State Park
I spent the weekend in Long Beach while Dave made a quick trip home. The motorhome was parked at Sand Castle RV Park which isn't much of a park, but it is located within walking distance to town, and offers free wifi along with full hookups. The neighboring RV on our left was very close, but no one was parked on our right side, so we had some breathing room over there.
We are back at the state park now and I'm enjoying our last few days here. On Thursday morning we leave to go visit Jonathan and celebrate his birthday with him on Friday. We'll get to see his new apartment, the first one he's ever lived in all by himself.
Today's rain wasn't quite as annoying as yesterday when it rained all day long. Today we had some sun breaks in between the rain showers. Boy, that sun feels good when it's out!
We're still waiting for news about the birth of our granddaughter, but so far it looks like we will be home in time for the good news!
enjoy the rainy days at the beach..glad the sun peeked out for a bit today though!..we wish you luck with the birth of your grandchild!..hopefully it will be soon!!!.and as for Jonathon getting his own place!?..good for him!!!
ReplyDeleteWonderful pics! We've had rain too -- I like rain, but enough is enough already!! God bless & be safe as you travel.
ReplyDeleteA day or so of rain is enough for me! :) Hope you get some sunny skies soon.
ReplyDeleteI remember seeing those tsunami signs when we were out there on our first trip. I actually didn't know then what a tsunami was ~ sadly I don't think there are very many people now who are unfamiliar with that word! And this summer when we visit, I will be paying much closer attention!
ReplyDeletenice posting!!!
Love the picture of the road leading into the park. Also like the one of the river/creek. Stay safe.
ReplyDelete