Friday, April 8, 2011

Mannequins and More in Monroe

This trip we are exploring the Bothell, Washington area.  Just north of here, in Snohomish County, is the small city of Monroe.  That's where today's travels took us.  The population of the city is around 15,000, so it's big enough to have all the necessary stores, but small enough to be a pleasant size.  We were impressed because the town seems to have a lot of new growth. 

We parked the car and went for a walk along Monroe's Main Street.  The following mannequin display gave me a laugh. 

It looked quite realistic except that they didn't have "anything" above the waist!IMG_9294

Bicycle parking

IMG_9301

A couple of signs that I likedIMG_9299 

IMG_9300 Monroe had a very large flag  in the center of  Main Street.

Daffodils under the flagpole IMG_9305-1

A view looking up at the flagIMG_9306 

Dave took this artistic picture of the flag and pole.IMG_9307

We also took a drive to check out the Leisure Time/Thousand Trails park in Monroe.  Thunderbird Preserve is located about 4 miles southeast of Monroe.  The park is definitely out in the country, and in a scenic area along the Skykomish River.  We were surprised to see that we could get a fairly good Verizon signal out at the park. 

thunderbird-map-thumb

I'm sorry that I don't have any Seattle pictures to share.  We were so close in distance, but we didn't have time to go there this trip.  I'm sure we'll be back to visit this area again!

I leave you with a picture I call "THE END(S)"IMG_9296

9 comments:

  1. What a funny photo to end the blog...nothing but butts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the last picture,thank God his pants are not as tight!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL -- great "Ends" pic! Big cities are nice to visit, but there's nothing like small town America. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice 'ending' and beginning and middle!..love the flag shots and the signs!..I do that too!!
    thanks for the tour of Main street USA!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the flag shots...they would make beautiful wallpaper on a computer.

    Thunderbird Preserve is one of our favorites. We love the adult pool and their weekend breakfasts are terrific.

    Who knows, one of these days we may be there together!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Funny pic...is that Dave's best side? Looks like you're having some fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great end shots. Thanks for the tour of Monore, we may be up that way this summer so will add it to our list of things to do.

    ReplyDelete