Thursday was our daughter-in-law's birthday. To celebrate, Tim and Kiersten invited some people to attend the Portland Winterhawks ice hockey game at the Rose Garden on Friday night. The night was rainy, the traffic was a mess, so Dave and I allowed plenty of time to drive into the city from Vancouver.
Tim and Kiersten have season tickets to the Winterhawks, but Dave and I had only attended one other game several years ago. What a difference a few years make. The first time we went there were maybe 2-3000 people there. This time, the arena was sold out, with almost 11,000 people attending. The Winterhawks are members of the WHL,which feeds players into the NHL. The Winterhawks slaughtered their arch-rivals, the Seattle Thunderbirds, 9 to 1.
It was "mascot" night, and between periods various mascots from around the city and state provided entertainment on the ice.
Happy 28th birthday, Kiersten and thank you to you and Tim for inviting us to celebrate with you at the Winterhawks game!
Fun, fun, fun!
ReplyDeletewe love the WHL..better hockey than the NHL!!..glad you all had a lovely evening..and happy birthday to your lovely daughter-in-law!
ReplyDeleteLooks like a great time Carol. I remember years ago while attending a game in Syracuse I heard an expression and it went like this; “I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out”. At the time, this phrase seemed to adequately describe the scene.
ReplyDeleteJohn
relaxedrush.blogspot.com
Glad you got to have fun and celebrate you DIL's birthday too. Last time we were at the Rose Garden was for a basketball tournament and it was packed!
ReplyDeleteHope Kiersten had a great Birthday. How exciting to be at a game where the home team won. Stay safe.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE Sue Henry. I have a Kindle. We do have alot in common, have to get together and meet when i get back up there!
ReplyDelete