Wednesday, October 7, 2009

We decided to sell our motorhome. We have been thinking about upgrading and actually put in an offer on a couple of different motorhomes within the past two years. Neither of those deals worked out. Dave was recently approached by a friend who mentioned that he was interested in buying our 2000 Bounder 31W. After scrambling to see if we would be able to find a replacement, we located two possibilities: a used 2006 Bounder 35E in Everett, WA, and a new 2010 Bounder 35E. The 35E is our preferred floorplan, and in 2006 they upgraded the unit to 50 amp instead of the previous 30 amp electric hookup. We like also like the 35E because it has a washer/dryer. (I know, I know, not a necessity for camping, but it would sure be nice to have when we travel for several weeks at a time.) The 2010 Bounder is located at a dealer in Grass Valley, CA, so on Saturday we are heading down there in the car to look at the motorhome, and if all is well, buy it. We are loading the car with stuff to load into the motorhome in case we buy it. We have to be back home a week from Friday so that Dave won't miss his varsity football game. ;-)

We've spent three days cleaning out the old motorhome and we'll deliver it to its new owner tomorrow. I worked on unloading the inside cabinets and Dave worked on the outside storage. What a big job! I had two injuries: yesterday the bathroom medicine cabinet door gouged the top of my head, and today I got stung by a bee. Not fun, but all part of the job, I guess.

Tonight I'm working on writing my CASA dependency review report for court on November 3. The report is supposed to be turned in a few weeks before then so that copies can be distributed to all the parties involved in the case. I always put off writiing the report because things keep happening with the case, but once I sit down to write the report it comes fairly easily to me. It's kind of fun to summarize what's been happening during the last six months. Hopefully, as it is with this case, things are improving and soon the children won't be in dependency court any longer.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the new one works out! We should talk about Thanksgiving plans - are we going campin'? Love you!

    ReplyDelete