Monday, April 14, 2014

April Means Tulips

IMG_2510Today’s pictures were taken at the Holland America Tulip Farm in Woodland, WA.  This is a field trip that I always enjoy each April.  We avoided the crowds on the weekend by visiting the tulips on a Monday morning. 

IMG_2505

Dave and I have both been sick with colds that lasted about ten days, but we are feeling better now. IMG_2502

After arriving home from California, we have made a few trips to the Long Beach Peninsula to visit our “cabin”.  Our neighbors are disputing the boundary between our lots, saying that their fence was not erected on the boundary line as we had previously been told.  If they are correct, and we’re not sure that they are, our lot will shrink by 14 inches from front to back.  This means that our motorhome will barely fit.  But since we can stay in the park model, that is not a huge deal.  We had planned, though, and measured (we thought) for the motorhome, with both slides extended, to fit beside the park model.

IMG_2511

Dave installed a satellite dish at the cabin and soon we will be all set with high definition TV.  It only took three or four trips down there to get it all working.  Maybe he will write a blog about the process.  The park’s internet administrator kindly installed a wifi antenna on our park model, so we are enjoying speedy internet. 

IMG_2528

There are plenty of other things that still need to be fixed, like replacing the kitchen faucet and tweaking the bathtub/shower plumbing.  We are planning on having a shed built on the lot,  and we are looking into having a small addition built onto the park model which we will use as a utility room and laundry room.  And oh yes, the microwave stopped working, so we have added replacing that to our list of projects.  IMG_2518

IMG_2521

IMG_2536

7 comments:

  1. Love the header photo...matters of fact...I love all the photos!

    Will you have someone come out and officially do a measurement? 14" is a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice pictures of the tulips! too bad about the neighbour's fence location:(
    glad to hear the two of you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!!!! Those are beautiful pictures/flowers!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those tulips are so gorgeous. I really like the purple and white ones. I think you need to have that 14" checked out.Good luck with that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the tulips, I always went to the Tulip Festival in Holland, Michigan when I was younger and took Jerry there a few years back but now it looks like we will need to put this location on our list of places to see...looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you will be busy fixing up the cabin. It's always fun to make if just the way you like.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The tulips are just beautiful. So colorful!!! I have been "absent" from blog land lately because we have been busy with our son's wedding.
    Sure hope the boundary dispute has been corrected by now and you guys didn't lose any land.

    ReplyDelete