When I started my blog in April, 2009, the purpose was to inform family and friends about my upcoming open-heart surgery. I had to be convinced by my daughter-in-law, Kiersten, that anyone would be interested in reading what I wrote.
During my time in the hospital, Dave updated the blog for me. It’s interesting for me to re-read all those entries made during that trying time.
But here I am five years later, feeling much stronger and better because of having that surgery to replace my aortic valve with an artificial valve. Going through a crisis of health was eye-opening for me in many ways.
My original blog didn’t contain any pictures until the end of December, 2009, when I included a few pictures taken at an RV park that we stayed in at Yachats, Oregon. After I discovered how much fun it was to add pictures to my blog, I began to include pictures whenever possible.
I used to blog much more often and included many various topics in my blog, including the two big no-nos, politics and religion. The blog gradually turned into more of an RV blog after RVers started reading and commenting on my blog.
My first blog post was written on April 17, 2009, and on that date in 2011, our first granddaughter, Sophie, was born. So Sophie will celebrate her 3rd birthday on my blog’s 5th birthday!
Happy anniversary and here's hoping for many more blog moments.
ReplyDeleteA very happy anniversary to you two.
ReplyDeleteSo glad to hear how good you are doing with the aortic valve. Paul is going to have to have that surgery in the future. So far so good though.
We turn our blog into a book each year. It is so much fun to go back and recall some of the awesome times we had. If you want more info on that, just send me an email and I will give you all the info.
Happy anniversary!! there are some blogs that I am so happy I found on line and of course, yours is on the top of my list!! congrats on still blogging after five years! and of course, happy birthday to Sophie!!!
ReplyDeleteIt doesn't seem like five years, does it? Time sure flies!
ReplyDeleteHappy Blog a versary! Sure glad you started writing and posting great photos, Carol. It's been fun to follow your adventures. Always nice to see pictures of Dave, too. You're a great couple, and I'm really happy to call you friends.
ReplyDeleteHappy Day from those of us in blogland who love to read your blog and see the great pictures you post. Happy birthday to that sweetie, Sophie.
ReplyDeleteCarol, it's interesting how blogs evolve in our lives. I enjoy reading your blog and seeing the sites on the west coast. The blog helps us to meet some really neat folks and when we actually meet in person...when we are lucky, it is like we have known them for a long time.
ReplyDeleteHappy blog versary...and happy birthday Sophie!!
May God continue to bless!
Happy Anniversary. I guess I always thought your blog was an RVing blog. Your grandchildren are beautiful.
ReplyDeleteFive years! My how time flies! Those are darling pictures of the family. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDelete