Monday, June 24, 2013

Winthrop, Washington

After spending two nights in Marblemount and touring North Cascades National Park, we drove east on SR 20 to Winthrop, WA.  We were pleasantly surprised with our stay at Pine Near RV Park for four nights. 

IMG_0631

There were several RV parks along Highway 20 to choose from, but we picked Pine Near because it was located in town, was a Passport America park, and advertised that they had the least mosquitoes!  All were true and the new owners bend over backwards to make sure their guests are taken care of.  We paid $90 for four nights, which included two nights of Passport America prices and two weekend nights of regular prices.IMG_0680

Winthrop is a charming little western tourist town.  We had fun walking around town and exploring the area.IMG_0632 IMG_0656 IMG_0634

IMG_0635

IMG_0636 IMG_0652

IMG_0673

IMG_0654

I have some more photos to share, including snow in the mountains as we drove to Winthrop. 

5 comments:

  1. we just booked tonight to stay in Twisp, after Nehalem..hopefully the mosquitos won't be that bad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh what a cute town. We enjoy walking around towns like this. Thanks for all the photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a fun place. How come we have never been there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always like to look at saddles since leather tooling used to be a hobby of mine.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the boot planter. That looks like a fun town - someplace Russ and I would enjoy. I like smaller and low key areas.

    ReplyDelete