Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Silverton, OR

I'm way behind in posting my pictures of our trip at the end of May.  Besides visiting the lovely Oregon Garden, Dave and I went for a walk in historical downtown Silverton.

IMG_0316

IMG_0318

Silverton is known for its many murals.IMG_0323

The four freedoms featuring Norman Rockwell.IMG_0325

"The sky is the limit" features local astronaut Don Pettit.IMG_0336

IMG_0339

IMG_0330-001

"Silverton Bob"IMG_0319  IMG_0320

The "Mammoth"  1900-World's Largest CameraIMG_0332

I like to take pictures of interesting houses.IMG_0324

IMG_0334

We didn't eat at O'Brien's, so we missed out on the plenteous hospitable cheer.

IMG_0340

A little city park next to the river.IMG_0344

Our next stay was an hour south of Silverton at Mallard Creek Golf and RV Park in Lebanon, Oregon.  I'll share my Lebanon pictures in my next blog.

5 comments:

  1. Great murals. I just love how little towns spruce themselves up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. nice pictures, Carol! thanks for sharing your tour of Silverton!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful flower header picture!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely header photo.

    Silverton is so pretty. I love taking photos of unique houses house. Great tour.

    ReplyDelete