Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Waterloo County Park near Lebanon, OR

When we visited Lebanon, Oregon, during Memorial Day weekend, I went for a walk at Waterloo County Park, located in the tiny village of Waterloo.

IMG_0408

The South Santiam River runs along the park.IMG_0371

IMG_0373

When I took my walk through the park, there was an antique car club sharing a meal in one of the group picnic shelters.IMG_0378

IMG_0379

For a while, I walked along the river path.IMG_0385

IMG_0381

Then I walked through the campground.  The park has two camping loops with some partial hookups.  One of the loops is reservable.IMG_0389

IMG_0390

The camping prices are a bit high unless you can take advantage of the senior prices.IMG_0392

A recent addition to Waterloo County Park is an 18-hole disc golf course.IMG_0399

The day use area adjoins the camping area and has a playground for kids as well as group day-use shelters.IMG_0401

Pets have their space to be off-leash.IMG_0407

We ride our bikes around the park and go for walks there, but we stay a mile or two down the road at the very fine Mallard Creek Golf and RV Park.  I didn't take any pictures this time, except for the entrance sign.IMG_0409

In Lebanon, I parked at the library and walked in the downtown area.IMG_0346

I found a few houses to take pictures of.IMG_0349

IMG_0354

IMG_0364

I visited the quilt shop.IMG_0359

The rhodies were still blooming.IMG_0368

Our next trip is coming up shortly.  Stay tuned to see where we go! 

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful header!

    What a beautiful trail. I love walking on a trail that winds through a forest-like surrounding.

    Love the house photos. What possess a person to paint their house that way? Guess we will never know.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The county park looks like a nice place to spend the day along the river. Most private RV parks are a lot more than $26 a day and don't have the nice views.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like a vwey nice park and the price is right:)

    ReplyDelete