Yes, Dave and I were married 33 years ago on May 12, 1979 in Riverside, California. We were married on a hot Saturday afternoon at Hope Lutheran Church in Riverside. Just like this year, Mother's Day was the following day. We stayed around to honor my mother and my new husband's step-mother, who were both in town for the wedding, then on Monday we left for a glorious 15-day honeymoon in Hawaii.
Dave and I met in Atlanta, Georgia, where we were both attending a Burroughs computer convention. We were introduced by a mutual friend. At the time we met, I lived in Stamford, Connecticut, and Dave lived in southern California in Colton, east of Los Los Angeles. It was a long-distance romance until I was able to get a transfer with my company, Hewitt Associates, to their Newport Beach, CA office. I moved to Huntington Beach and Dave still lived 60+ miles east of there in Grand Terrace. After the wedding we were both able to live in the same town (and the same house!) in Grand Terrace. Later we moved to Riverside, where we lived until we moved to Vancouver, Washington in 1993.
Today in Vancouver, the temperature was in the mid-80s. Dave and I drove to Vancouver Lake, where we went for a bike ride, then sat by the lake and ate our picnic lunch and read our Nooks.
The park was busy today with several crew boats, a bicycle and running race, and lots of families enjoying the warm weather.
For our anniversary dinner, we went to Osaka House, a teppanyaki-style Japanese Restaurant in Vancouver. Good food, good company, and a great anniversary celebration. Thank you, Dave, for putting up with me for 33+ years! I love you (still)!
Happy Anniversary!!!
ReplyDeleteDon't know about you but the past 33 years went by fast for me.
Congratulations!! 33 years is a looong time. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary, kids! When you got married, we had been man and wife for 19 years already. Best wishes to you for the next 19, but by then, we'll still be 19 years beyond you.
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary :)
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary Dave and Carol!!!..and happy Mother's day too!!!
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary! What a great day with your best friend!
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary! Love the wedding pictures - so sweet. I didn't remember that Dave lived in Colton - I lived there for my teenage years and went to Colton Union High School (early - mid 60s).
ReplyDeleteHappy anniversary!
ReplyDeleteSo, i have never heard of CJ Banks...at Clackamas town Center???
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the anniversary!!!
Happy Anniversary!!
ReplyDeleteSometimes I get so far behind, Happy Birthday and Happy Anniversary, I love your pictures
ReplyDelete