Now I am back from the beach and I have full-time access to the internet again. But I find that I'm too busy to post much on my blog. What am I doing, you ask? Well, the usual pre-Christmas stuff added to my new hobby of sewing, sewing, and more sewing. I still have a few more Christmas gifts to make, and I won't be posting any pictures of my sewing, at least until after Christmas. I wouldn't want to spoil the surprises, you know?
Sunset at the beach at Cape Disappointment
While we were at the beach, I bought some lovely lighthouse fabric which happened to be on sale. I got inspired to start piecing a quilt top using the disappearing nine patch pattern. It's going pretty well, and even better now that I bought myself a 1/4 inch presser foot. I ordered the new presser foot from Amazon.com and paid less than $4 for it--well worth the money.
Before that I was using masking tape to mark an edge for 1/4 inch seams, and that worked very well until I had to change my bobbin thread. To open the bobbin case, I have to remove the masking tape. That gets a bit tedious to do over and over again. Thus, the new 1/4 inch presser foot is greatly appreciated.
A sneak peek of a piece of the lighthouse quilt
Since Dave and I were at the beach (Cape Disappointment State Park in Ilwaco, WA) for two whole weeks, we really felt like we were residents there. I bought my Christmas stamps at the Ilwaco post office and it was great to walk right up to the counter and not have to wait in any line.
In early November, Dave and I went on a day trip to Wildwood National Recreation Area along Highway 26 East, one of the roads that lead to Mt. Hood in Oregon. The recreation area is free for those of us with the national park senior pass. It's a fun place to go for a walk, and this time of the year the paths were virtually empty.
Now I just need to stop sewing and get my house cleaned, put the tree up, write my Christmas cards, etc, etc. That's the goal, anyway. ;-)
have fun with the Christmas chores!!!..we are all doing them..busy busy!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas, if I don't get back here before then, but I fully expect to. Isn't Cape Disappointment a neat place? Not disappointing at all.
ReplyDeleteGood sunset picture..
ReplyDeleteLooks and sounds like you guys had fun at the beach, even if the weather wasn't all that great much of the time. Your sewing looks great, Carol. We sure enjoy those things you made for Therapy! Have a good Christmas, and Pismo is waiting.
ReplyDeleteLove the sunset photo. That quilt will be so great...very colorful and love the lighthouse motif. I have sure enjoyed the Oregon Duck stuff you made for me. Can hardly wait to see all your creations. I made a ton of stuff three years ago for Christmas but haven't done much since then. I enjoy it so don't know why I haven't. Maybe you will inspire me to get back to it!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you guys had a great time at the beach. Also it sounds like you are really enjoying sewing...great for you!
ReplyDeleteHave fun getting things for Christmas decorated.
Take care and enjoy the season!
I feel your pain for those Christmas chores......
ReplyDeleteLike the quilt so far!
Love the lighthouse fabric! Are you ever clever! And what a magnificent photo of the sunset at Cape Disappointment! Your blog is so much fun to read with all the illustrative photos you put in there.
ReplyDeleteJackie B.