Friday, November 25, 2011

I'm Deprived...

...of internet, that is.  Dave and I are staying at Cape Disappointment State Park for a couple of weeks and there is no cell service here, which means no internet.  Even with an antenna booster, we can't get much of a signal.  If I want to take my computer to the jetty I can sometimes get a marginal signal.

So rather than drive myself crazy trying to keep up with my blog as well as read others' blogs, I'm just going to forget about the internet for a while.  How did we ever live without it?

I brought my sewing machine along to the beach and it's working out great.  I can use in on our dinette table, except when we need to use the table for meals. ;-)  I'm still learning how to quilt and working on small projects like potholders and table runners.  The quilt store in Long Beach (Boardwalk Quilts) is very nice and has a good sale going this weekend.  All my small projects seem to require lots of fabric. ;-)

At home I have made use of youtube videos to help teach me how to quilt, put on binding, etc.  Guess what, no internet here at the park.  Did I mention that?  So I have to either remember how to do the projects or invent my own way. 

It's true that the weather has not been too great while we've been here.  Today we are in Seaside for the day, and the sun is shining.  Yay!  Despite the storms, we always have a good time at the coast and stormy weather makes for good wave watching. 

We did not have to leave the state park for Thanksgiving.  A site opened up in our loop, so we moved to that site for the rest of our stay.  The wind was strong on Thanksgiving Day, so the trip across the Astoria bridge would have not been fun in our motorhome. 

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving.  Now, on to the leftovers!

Our temprary ocean at view at Seaside, where I was able to post this blog.2011-11-25 13.57.30

2011-11-25 13.40.16

9 comments:

  1. It can be hard to deal with internet withdrawal. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures, enjoy your break from the internet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to hear from you. What perfect weather for sewing and beach walking. A great place for a couple of weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice to hear from you Carol!..enjoy the peace and quiet..just think of all the time you will have on your hands with no internet access!..you are really roughin' it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a primitive lifestyle to me! Life without the net is lonesome! Just know we're out here!
    I've been sewing like crazy too...even taught myself to crochet...Grandma would be proud:)
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I bet your sewing projects will be just beautiful. Enjoy your "time-out" from the phone and internet. It's not too bad once in a while!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two words for you, Carol...Pismo Beach!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You all seem to go there often - must be a glutton for punishment. We miss you all.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful pictures. I just bought a new sewing machine also but I certainly don't have the patients to work on quilts. It must have been great at the beach for a couple of weeks even with no phone.

    ReplyDelete