One of the minor irritations of the Christmas season is finding replacement bulbs for Christmas lights. The LED lights are efficient, but expensive. The white LED lights look like they are blue, not white. I like the colored LED lights, but again, they are expensive. I do like the fact that they are not hot to the touch and are safer to use.
I am starting to get used to the energy-efficient bulbs, like the ones shown on the tree in the cartoon. It remains to be seen if they will last as long as they claim, especially since they cost so much more than the old-fashioned light bulbs.
Don't get me wrong--I am totally aware of the true meaning of Christmas, and the Reason for the Season is not about light bulbs! But Christmas lights do brighten up the dark, short days during December and are a reminder of the Light of our lives.
Jesus - Light of the World!
John 8:12
Then Jesus spoke to them again, saying, "I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life."
Christmas lights do brighten up the area and the colors or lively and refreshing. I like your parallel of the lights to the True Light of this world. I hope you and Dave have a very Merry Christmas and enjoy family.
ReplyDeleteI haven't seen an LED light yet that I like... always improving; so many choices. NOT always a good thing!
ReplyDeleteThe original light of the world truly shines the brightest! Thanks for the reminder to all of us!
Merry Christmas to you!!!
and, remember the reason for the season, if not for Him there would be no season.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas
Blessed and thankful to know the true Light of the World...thanks for the reminder!
ReplyDeleteYes, agreed... we are being LED to a different light.
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas Carol and Dave!..may you have a lovely holiday season..filled with light!..LED and otherwise!
ReplyDelete