Sunday, September 18, 2011

Babysitting

It's time to update my blog.  We haven't been on any more RV trips, but we've had a chance to catch up on our Sophie-time.  Yesterday Dave and I had the privilege of babysitting our dear little granddaughter while her mom and dad enjoyed their time away by going to a movie and then to a bookstore. 

Sophie--photo taken by her parentsSophie August 2011 Oregon International Airshow

I'm kind of rusty at my child-care skills, but it's not work when it's your own grandchild, right? We got to hold her all we wanted, play with her, feed her, put her down for a nap, and yes, change her diapers.  It all quickly came back to us! 

The girl likes to eat.   The following three photos were taken by Dave.  I was  too busy to take pictures!2011-09-17 12.57.04

Sophie is five months old now and is great fun to be with.  She's not mobile yet, so we didn't have to worry about child-proofing.  She can turn from her back to her stomach, and did so frequently.  What a girl!

Sophie plays with "Squeaky"2011-09-17 15.12.29

After babysitting for about five hours, Tim and Kiersten came back and took us out to dinner in honor of Dave's birthday which is on Tuesday, September 20.  We were joined by our other son, Jonathan, who came down for the weekend.  We were so happy to spend time with all of them!

Sophie models Uncle Jon's trooper hat 2011-09-17 18.31.29

Tonight our sister-in-law, Pam, arrives from Sacramento by way of Spokane.  She will spend a few days with us and we are hoping for sunshine so we can go to Portland's Rose Garden and enjoy some other outdoor activities. 

Motivated by Pam's visit, I gave our house a thorough fall cleaning.  Now I'm all caught up with chores until they start all over again after she leaves!

11 comments:

  1. Sophie is a real cutey! Love the pic her parents took.

    Seems to me it's a lot more exhausting to take care of these little ones than it was when my own were little...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sophie is really growing and so cute! I know you and Dave are enjoying her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sophie is a such a doll What a great weekend you guys had.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a doll. And I love that age before they can get into everything. So much easier on this old lady. Not that I have a grandchild to play with yet. I keep telling my child that I am going to be too old to babysit. He just laughs and tells me to be patient.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie is so cute!!!!..be sure to wish Dave a Happy Happy Birthday for us!..hope you all have a great day celebrating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday tomorrow Dave!!!

    Sophie is such a cutie and such a darling and son intent at her squeaky toy!

    Enjoy those grammy days!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yup! Nothing like having all those kids together... we did it ourselves yesterday!!!

    Happy Birthday tomorrow!!!

    And, what a cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds to me like an incredible time with Sophie and to top it off with a birthday dinner for Dave with the rest of the family...priceless.
    Carol it's not just about RV trips, your blog is about you and Dave and your lives...
    Take care and glad you had a great time with Sophie!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So very cute! What a precious granddaughter. I can see you are enjoying every moment.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sophie's adorable and I LOVE her name.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you have had a great summer. Sophie is really growing, and sooooo cute. Happy belated Birthday Dave.

    ReplyDelete