Monday, July 4, 2011

Not the 3rd, Not the 5th

It's the 4th of July!  Happy Birthday, USA!

A flag flying behind an RV at the KOA.IMG_1106

Dave and I went for a bike ride today at Apgar Village.  Only one of the batteries for our bikes had power, so Dave used the battery on the way out, and I used the battery on the way back.  Since our bikes are regular bikes and still work with good old pedal power, we got along just fine.  We just avoided going on any hills.  We'll recharge both batteries and go on the ride again tomorrow.

The creek flowing into Lake McDonaldIMG_0974

We drove to nearby Columbia Falls visit the town and go to the grocery store.  They had a Smith's which is a chain of our Fred Meyer, so we were able to get the store discounts. 

Flowerpot outside the Lake McDonald LodgeIMG_0978

We hatched a plan to celebrate the 4th.  Instead of driving to Whitefish to see their fireworks show, we will go back into Glacier and have a picnic at the Apgar picnic area.  This time, however, instead of eating sandwiches we bring along, we'll bring along our grill and some hot dogs.  Dinner by the lake--I like it!  Then at 8 pm we'll attend another ranger talk at the lovely Apgar Amphitheater.  What a way to celebrate!

Avalanche Creek along Going-to-the-Sun RoadIMG_0938

5 comments:

  1. A very happy 4th of July to you, Carol and Dave, too. Thanks for posting all of the great pictures. Lake McDonald looks like a very nice place to be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you like ribs, the Back Room in Columbia Falls would be the place to go. But I like your idea better. We're grilling tonight but still in the driveway.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea for a 4th of July celebration. Glacier was never at the top of my list for places to go but after seeing all your pictures these last few days, I think I have changed my mind. The creek pictures today are especially nice. I really want to see that lake in person. It looks beautiful. Have fun at the ranger talk tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy July 4th to you and Dave..looks like you had a lovely day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna will finally get her wish to see Glacier NP. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete