We drove back down to Junction City, OR, today to pick up our motorhome. The slight crack near the bedroom slide has been successfully repaired, and we now have another year's warranty in case the crack reappears.
Fragrant flower bed at the Santiam rest area along I-5 south.
We had a great weather day today, mid-70s, with our overnight temperature predicted to be 52. As much as we've had "no summer" in this area, I far prefer the weather we've had compared to the heat and humidity that has plagued the rest of the country.
Last Friday night Dave and I had the privilege of babysitting our granddaughter, Sophie, in our home while her parents went out for dinner. This was our first time babysitting her and she managed to stay awake during the couple of hours that she was here.
Then on Wednesday I went down to Tigard to go clothes stopping with Sophie and Kiersten. Little Sophie needed a few items and Kiersten found her some things at a very nice consignment store in the Sellwood District. I managed to get home just as the Portland traffic was getting bad. It's a good feeling to get out of the traffic and cross the river back into Washington!
Happy Sophie--three months old.
We really don't live this close to Mt. Hood, but this is the view we get when we drive east on Vancouver's Highway 14--that is, when the mountain is "out"!
oh my goodness, Carol..Sophie is so CUTE!!!!..what a joy she must be!!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got your wheels back! AND got to spend time with that girl with the beautiful smile!!! My little people are beginning to call my name in my head and it's at least a month and half before I'll see them...
ReplyDeleteCherish that time!!!
Glad you got the MH back and fixed. That Sophie is just a little doll. What a smile. Just melts your heart I bet.
ReplyDeleteLove Mt. Hood! Nice you got it when it was out. Mt. Shasta was hiding on our trip down...maybe it'll come out tomorrow on the way home.
Ellie and I both enjoyed seeing Sophie, she is so cute!!! Her smile makes us smile right back.
ReplyDeleteJohn
relaxedrush.blogspot.com
connectedtothevinephotography.blogspot.com
Sophie is just to cute,love that big smile. Have fun
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie -- I know you are enjoying her! Wish we had some of that weather -- 100+ every day is killing us!
ReplyDeleteWhat a terrifically happy girl and the greatest smile!
ReplyDeleteWhat a view!
Little ones have such exuberant smiles!
ReplyDeleteSophie is a doll, a real little happy bear! Our great grandson, in those early months, was always so serious and sober. Good to get your wheels back. Thanks for showing us our favorite mountain!
ReplyDeleteSophie is just adorable:)
ReplyDeleteLittle Sophie sure is a cutie and growing so fast. A grandparents dream!
ReplyDeleteReviewed your summer vacation looks like you had a good time.