When I started this blog last April 17, it was with the idea of keeping family and friends updated about my upcoming open heart surgery. Well, it was exactly eleven months ago today that my aortic valve was replaced with a mechanical valve. Dave updated the blog for me while I was in the hospital. He did a great job and the blog became a good diary of those days. I just reread all the entries for last April.
My new heart valve is going strong and so is my blog. I rarely write about health issues these days since I am all well now! Gradually my blog is turning more into an RV travel blog. This week we are going to Cape Disappointment State Park in Washington and in a couple of weeks we leave for our big Grand Cicle RV trip.
Recently three new "followers" have begun reading my blog. A big welcome to Rick and Paulette, John Souva Jr, and a belated welcome to Margie M. Margie, I feel like you and I are old friends by now, even though we've never met. Since we aren't full-time RVers, my blog, as you might have noticed, veers off into other topics that are of interest to me.
Thank you to all of you who take the time to read my blog. Jackie, Sandy, Judy, Kiersten, Tim, and Dave, I appreciate you who have been faithful blog readers since the beginning!
Sunday, March 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Happy 11 month anniversary with the new heart valve! Wow.
ReplyDeleteI, too, feel like friends with you Carol! Hope someday we can meet.
I enjoy reading your blog very much...RV topic or other topic. Keep up the good work.
Thanks for the nice welcome! I look forward to reading about your life and travels. My wife and I are not full timers either so I expect our own blog will have to contain other things we are doing in our lives too. Congrats on the wonderful progress you have made with your health!
ReplyDeleteThank you very much, Margie and John. It's great to have new followers, especially when they leave comments!
ReplyDelete