We decided to stay in Bellingham until this morning so we were able to spend Thanksgiving with Jonathan. He had to work from 5-10 am and came over to the RV at 11:30. We ordered a turkey dinner with all the trimmings from Fred Meyer. Jonathan delivered the box to us and I was surprised when he came in carrying a wrapped whole turkey. But it was already thawed and already cooked, so I just had to put it in the oven for 2 hours. Still, that's a long time to use our propane oven. I was able to fit the dressing in the oven, too. I heated up the gravy on the stove and heated the mashed potatoes and green beans in the microwave. I brought cranberry sauce along as well as whipped topping (a must!) for the pumpkin pie. We have a lot of turkey left over but not much of the other items. Dave and Jonathan watched the end of the Detroit-Green Bay game and then watched the Raiders lose. After the game we played a rousing game of Rummikub and then Dave and Jonathan played Blackjack while I got the rest of the food ready.
We left Bellingham this morning around 9:15. We breezed through Seattle and Tacoma and got to Gig Harbor RV Resort at 12:15. The park is located in a forested area, so we can't get satellite. They have free wifi, though, which we always like. After lunch (turkey sandwiches, of course) we drove the 1/2 mile to the Gig Harbor waterfront. After exploring the area by car, we parked and went for a 75 minute walk along the historic harborfront. It's a hilly area, so we got a workout!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment