Tuesday, September 30, 2014

September Highlights

I had better hurry and write about our September activities before we turn the page on the calendar.  On September 20, Dave celebrated his 66th birthday.  We celebrated by going out for lunch and dinner that day. 

Fall is officially here and so is fall weather.  We’ve had some sunshine but also some rain, and there’s a crispness in the air that always reminds me of fall and football season.

Dave and I spent a good part of September enjoying our time at our cabin at Safari Park.  When at home,  Dave has been evaluating and observing high school varsity football games on Fridays and some Thursdays and Saturdays, and playing golf on all the nice-weather Friday mornings. I have caught up on appointments, grocery shopping, and tasks around the house. 

Earlier in September, the annual “Rod Run to the End of the World” was held on the Peninsula. While Dave was at home at his football game,  I wandered down to the Ilwaco Port and took some pictures of the “Slow Drag at the Port”.  I wasn’t able to stay long, but I was surprised at how much I enjoyed seeing the variety of cars.  Here are pictures of some of my favorite cars.

IMG_3125

IMG_3127

IMG_3133

IMG_3139

IMG_3148

IMG_3157

IMG_3152

Next year we’ll have to pay more attention to the Rod Run and all the festivities involved!

Our son, Tim, wife, Kiersten, and our granddaughters, Sophie and Anya, came out to the Long Beach Peninsula to visit us one Saturday afternoon.  We showed them our new place and then went out for lunch with them at Chico’s Pizza Parlor.  We always enjoy seeing them and spending time with them!

Sophie started her first day of 3-days-a-week preschool earlier this month.  Last year she went two days a week.  She has grown up a lot now that she is three!

09-08-14 Sophie 1st day of preschool 3-day class

6 comments:

  1. Time sure flies when you're having fun, right!! Glad you are enjoying your cabin. Sophie is so adorable - can't believe she is three already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday to Dave! You brought back my memories of Long Beach and the Rod Run and Kite festival. Don't give up on us. We'll get up there again one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Dave. Glad you had such a great month. Sophie is such a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering what the heck happened to y'all. Now I know the rest of the story.

    Sophie is a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sophie is so cute and grown up looking, with such an enthusiastic look. Love the cars! Did you find one for Dave's birthday present?

    ReplyDelete