There have been a few things happening around here besides all the rain. Our fall season is definitely coming to an end, like it always does.
I had a colonoscopy in mid-October. They had to remove a couple of polyps and although they are benign, I just found out that they are the kind that can indicate colon cancer. Since my dad died from colon cancer, this is a scary subject for me. I'll have to get another colonoscopy in five years or less.
The part about the colonoscopy that bothered me the most, besides the prep, which we all know and (don't) love, I had to stop taking my blood thinner, warfarin, which I have had to take every since my aortic valve was replaced with an artificial valve. But to protect me during the time I was off the warfarin, I had to give myself shots of Lovenox. Each shot was very expensive and luckily I only had to do seven of them. The shots gave me huge bruises on my stomach which are fading now.
My big news is that we bought a park model in an RV park in Ilwaco, Washington. The park, Safari Association of Ilwaco, is a private, gated community made up of mostly older park models or trailers. The lot we bought has room for our motorhome as well as the 1994 Fleetwood park model that is already on the lot.
We are having full hookups installed for the motorhome and as well as getting the park model upgraded to 100 amp from 50 amp. We had to replace the carpet and most of the furniture, including the refrigerator.
The Ilwaco/Long Beach Peninsula area is one of our favorite get-a-way areas. We usually stay at Cape Disappointment State Park, but as the prices go up and the availability of the state park campsites go down, we decided we were ready to make a small investment in something different. Our lot at Safari, unlike the state park, allows us to get internet and a cell signal.
Your new home is lovely... bet you can't wait to be in it. Bill's dad also died of colon cancer... Bill's doctor in Ohio insisted he get a colonscopy every year, but our doctor in Texas says every 5 years is okay. It's hard to know what to do.... Glad you're doing the preventative medicine thing... that's SO important!
ReplyDeleteI;m sure you and Dave will have many happy times in your park model. Glad you got that colonoscopy taken care of. I'm on a 5 year schedule too :(( Giving yourself shots is never any fun - hope your bruises heal fast. I'd say you and Russ could compare tummy bruises but ...NAH...probably not LOL!! Take care.
ReplyDeleteNice colors, green and yellow...don't change a thing!
ReplyDeleteGlad you got that colonoscopy. I had to have a second one in three years but this time around they are letting me go five years. Thank goodness for these tests. Love the new home. It's especially nice that you can park the motorhome on the same lot.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new digs!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty color your new home is. What fun you will have decorating it. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteSome people just don't understand how important a colonoscopy. Glad you are diligent about having yours.
Good to see a post from you. Lots of things happening. Enjoy your new get away place!
ReplyDeletenice new home away from home, the two of you purchased!...hopefully one day in the near future we will see it in person!!
ReplyDeleteglad to hear the your procedure went well!
What a cute place, Carol! I hope you and Dave will enjoy many cozy evenings/nights there during your get-aways. The photo really shows the nice space for your RV. I hope the work on setting up the place, is going well.
ReplyDeleteJackie B.
Wonderful place. Take care of your cancer.
ReplyDeleteWhat a really nice looking place. I know you and Dave will have a lot of enjoyment there! Sorry about your colonoscopy discovery, but good to find things out so they can be monitored!
ReplyDeletei
I guess I didn't realize you live in Ilwaco. The Long Beach Peninsula is one our favorite places. I use to live in the little house that is connected to Pentilla's Funeral Chapel there. Love your little Park Model. We will have to check out that Discovery Walk there.
ReplyDeleteA beach cottage. That's cool.
ReplyDelete