Dave and I ate our turkey dinner with just the two of us and then went to a friend's house for pumpkin pie,--Dave's favorite pie. Then on Saturday we celebrated again with Tim, Kiersten, Sophie, and Jonathan, who drove down for the day. I made lasagna, salad, and garlic bread sticks and for dessert--you guessed it--pumpkin pie, this time from Costco. I forgot to take pictures! :(
It was a busy week. Today I am loading food into the motorhome for a trip to Cape Disappointment State Park. We had made this reservation a while ago. In the meantime, we decided to move up our annual snowbird trip to California. We are going to leave a couple of weeks before Christmas this year. We will arrive in Pismo Beach on January 9th and stay the couple of months that our one share allows. Before then, we plan to go to Las Vegas for about ten days and then on to Death Valley National Park for a few days. We have a busy time ahead of us preparing for the "big" trip.
At the end of October, we made a short trip to Maryhill State Park. That's another park where we can stay off-season for $6 per night. In early November they shut off the water hookups, so we always try to go in October.
Maryhill--site #31
View of the Maryhill-Biggs Junction bridge across the Columbia River
Earlier in October, Kiersten brought Sophie (19 months) over to our house to make cookies. We had a great time and I found out that Sophie likes to eat chocolate chips!
Sophie looks at a book before we start the baking.
Last week I went to Tigard and drove Kiersten and Sophie to a couple of stores to shop for some items for our Operation Christmas Child boxes. Again, I had a good time. Sophie is at such a cute age and is beginning to talk up a storm!
Kiersten, Sophie, and Tim--Baby girl #2 is due at the beginning of February!
Meanwhile, I have been sewing and quilting and have been trying to lose weight. I'm not calling it a diet, but rather I'm following a calorie budget, and using an online program called MyFitnessPal to record my meals. I'm 37 pounds down, with only a small set-back for Thanksgiving. ;-)
Lovely header photo.
ReplyDeleteWhat a doll Sophie is. Hope one day we have a granddaughter. Of course we want the girls to marry firs...hehe
You are doing super with your "non" diet. We all have small set backs now and then. Keep the faith and you will be to your "perfect" weight very soon.
Diet???? It is the holidays....there is not dieting during the holidays and forget the calorie counter.
ReplyDeleteI'm with Dave, in the line for the pumpkin pie! We could have our own pie eating contest. Thanks for sharing all the great photos. The Costco pumpkin pies are really good, aren't they Dave?
ReplyDeletenice to see a post from you Carol..sounds like the two of you have been very busy!
ReplyDeletegood job on your 'diet'!!
37 lbs? Wow! Good budgeting! :)
ReplyDeleteGood for u for losing weight!! Quite the accomplishment!!! Travel Safe on the big trip (little one too!)
ReplyDeleteGlad I checked your blog and was rewarded with lots of new info. So glad you had a good Thanksgiving, and that Jonathan was able to join in the family gathering. Yes, you have a lot of travels ahead, and even a stint in Las Vegas. Lucky you! But don't forget our lunch date and send off.
ReplyDeleteJackie B.
A new grandbaby!! Wow, that is good news. Glad you got to have some Sophie time making cookies. Can't believe how fast the time flies...she is getting to be such a big girl. Have fun in Vegas and points south. Bet you will enjoy the drier, warmer weather.
ReplyDelete