Dave had quite a scare Monday night. He was refereeing a junior varsity football game at Camas High School and tripped over a player's leg. He went down hard, and landed on his forehead. He was treated by the on-site medic who was concerned that he might have suffered a concussion. No concussion, but Dave's little finger was jammed but not broken. He was deemed well enough to continue the game about 15 minutes later. By Wednesday, Dave was well enough to go golfing, so I knew he was on the mend. If you want to see the fall, the incident happened to be captured on videotape. Watch the white hat referee in the middle of the screen--that's Dave.
On Wednesday, we babysat our 6-month-old granddaughter, Sophie, during her first overnight visit away from her parents. They brought Sophie to our house, along with a bag of her stuff and her portacrib. She went to sleep at 7:20pm, so it was an easy night of babysitting. Sophie woke up briefly at 11 pm, but by the time I was beginning to make a bottle of formula for her, she was asleep again. She slept until 8 am, which was later than I expected. When I went in to get Sophie out of her crib, she greeted me with smiles. What a good way to start the day! Mom and dad came to get her around 11 am and after they left our house felt very empty and quiet!
Sophie modeling her long-johns from Yellowstone.
I started a new hobby of re-learning how to sew. My Kenmore sewing machine was over 30 years old and didn't work, so I bought a new Brother XR4040 sewing from the online Costco store. A week later, the UPS man delivered my new sewing machine. After learning how to wind the bobbin and thread the machine, I was able to sew some sample scraps later that evening. What fun! Everything worked well. I haven't experimented with most of the 77 electronic stitches, but I've used the straight stitch (even though it's hard for me to sew straight!), the zigzag stitch, and the blind hem stitch. My ultimate goal is to teach myself how to quilt.
OMG, What a scare, I'm sure glad Dave is OK.
ReplyDeleteSophie is soooooo darn cute, what a modeling career she has.
Glad Dave is okay. Sophie is adorable!
ReplyDeleteTook a header and cracked my head on a cabinet a couple of days ago after tripping over Emma. It's not fun, but at least I didn't make it onto You tube! :) Glad Dave is OK.
ReplyDeleteSure am glad Dave is okay. Really scary. Sophie is a doll.
ReplyDeleteGlad to hear Dave survived & went on to play again :) Nice sewing machine, lots of fun hours there!
ReplyDeleteSo glad to see Dave is okay. And Sophie is a cutie for sure.
ReplyDeleteWhoa, that was quite a tumble. I liked the concern shown by the players and the fans. Glad he is okay.
ReplyDeleteNothing like an adorable little granddaughter to make you want to start sewing again!! Good luck with your new machine. Sophie is sure growing and is cuter by the minute.
Man, that was a nasty fall. Am so glad Dave is okay and since he's played golf, you know all is well.
ReplyDeleteSophie sure is growing and looks soo happy. Glad you had the pleasure of babysitting her.
Holy Cow!!! Glad Dave is okay after that fall!!! And I won't make any hard headed man jokes.....
ReplyDeletesewing.... blah..... my family used to form a cheering section if something got mended after they had outgrown it!! my Mom and her Mom were great seamstresses, but my Home Ec teacher killed my interest by teaching perfection! but YOU have fun with it!!!!!
so glad that Dave is okay after that nasty spill!!..now as for Sophie?..cute as button!!
ReplyDeletegood luck with teaching yourself how to quilt!..once you are done?..can you teach me?
What a lot of news in one blog entry! The video of Dave is fabulously clear, and I was able to go back over, and over again to see the player that put his right foot out just as Dave came up from behind. He sure fell flat out, and looked unconscious. I'm glad it turned out OK. He sure is a frisky guy out there on the field. I'm amazed at how well he moves as he follows the teams!
ReplyDeleteYour darling Sophie is such a delight! And your Brother is so clean and inviting. I think you're going to do great things for Sophie, on your Brother.
Jackie B.
OH MY WORD, so glad Dave is ok -- I know that was scary for the both of you! Sophie -- I love that name & she is ADORABLE!! Once you learn how to quilt with your Brother, you can teach me...I think that would be so much fun!
ReplyDeleteThat was a tough tumble Dave took! Sure glad he's OK, if perhaps a little embarrassed! And Sophie is a darling -- to be so cute and to sleep so well! You have two blessings in today's post!
ReplyDeleteWow, that was a bad fall. Sure glad Dave is o.k. I see things like that happen to people on the sidelines now and then, but when a ref goes down on the field, you've gotta feel bad for them. No pads, no helmets.
ReplyDeleteSophie is so darn cute. I love the longjohns with the escape hatch!
ReplyDeleteSo glad Dave didn't hurt himself too badly.
Kevin and Ruth
www.travelwithkevinandruth.com