Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Home!

Dave and I have been very busy since we arrived back home in Vancouver, Washington, last Thursday afternoon.  The weather has been cold and rainy, but we've also had a few sun breaks. 

Dave is involved with football--setting up meetings and training as well as officiating this year's semi-pro season which starts in April, and a Pop Warner flag football league for kids which also starts in April.  And now our taxes are done for another year!

I am again meeting with friends, which I enjoy after being away for over three months.  And yes, we bought a new car to replace our 1998 mini-van.  We now are the proud owners of both a 2005 Honda CRV and a new 2013 Honda CRV. 

Kona coffee was the color we chose!

clip_image001

On Sunday, we met our new granddaughter, Anya, for the first time.  Even though we had some good pictures of her, nothing compares to seeing the baby in person and getting to hold her.  Sophie, Anya's big sister, will turn two in mid-April.  While Anya was fed and then slept, I was able to interact with Sophie while she was doing an alphabet puzzle.  Sophie talks more now and it was a joy to spend some time with her.  After spending some time at Tim and Kiersten's house, we all went to the new Wow Burger in Wilsonville.  Low carb, lots of carbs, and paleo--that place offered something for each one of us.  It was great seeing each one of the new family of four!  Tim and Kiersten are eating paleo now and they have both lost a lot of weight and look great!

Anya and Sophie--two precious granddaughters!Sophie and Anya 02-28-13

I have lost 63 pounds since August.  Slow and steady, that's my motto! I eat what I want but follow my calorie budget, which doesn't allow for much in the way of pasta, bread, chips, french fries, ice cream, and other sweets.  Using the online MyFitnessPal allows me to record all my food, so I know exactly much much I'm eating each day.  Eat less and move more--that's my other motto!

Carol--down 63, with another 50-60 to go!IMG_6160 

On St. Patrick's Day, we attended our niece, Laura's wedding at Wente Vineyards in Livermore, CA.  What a joy it was to be there to celebrate the marriage of Laura and Will!

BeforeIMG_20130317_132552_814

AfterIMG_20130317_133413_200

8 comments:

  1. WOW...congratulations on the weight loss. Excellent job!

    Congratulations on the new car also. We love our CRV.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job on the weight loss...are you also doing the paleo diet?

    And you are so right - pictures are great but snuggles can't be beat!!. We just missed each other as left Clackamas on 3/17!

    Have a great day!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're home safe and sound. Nice new Honda, what a treat, eh? Finally got to hold the baby, how great! You are really looking very good, Carol. Congratulations on sticking with your calorie budget, and doing so well. Glad Dave is keeping busy...that might keep him out of trouble...or not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much news! Thanks for all the items about your cars, the grand daughters, the wedding and your weight routine. You look really good, Carol! Oh, and wouldn't Diane love to see that picture of her lilac! Maybe you can show her tomorrow.

    Jackie B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. nice for you both to be home again! congrats on all the exciting news!! from new cars, weightloss and a new grandbaby to love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are really looking great. Slow and steady is the only way to do it and make sure it stays off. Oh those snuggles with all that new baby smell. Nothing quite like it. Our Vancouver friends are getting ready to head back next week so would you order some good weather for them please.

    ReplyDelete
  7. After seeing the 1st picture on the blog & before I even finished reading, when later you said you had lost weight, I was going to comment on how good you were looing!! Isn't is a great feeling? and accomplishment!! Congrats!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You've got a great looking family, and you're doing a wonderful job with your weight! Looking good. We sure do know how much better you're feeling as well, and how little of the starchy and sweet things you can eat. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete